Massive Moving Baby/Toddler/Child Things For Sale

She was not at jags today..... funny she is only a registered seller since 22nd Nov 2013 so it would not surprise me if this AD was fake and only a selling tactic which is just trying to lure us to JAGS boot sale............................. items do sound to good to be true................. look at her replies????????????????????????

Yes completely agree. I also went down solely for this and even messaged when I was there. I didn't find anything else worthwhile there so don't think I'll be be going again. She may be genuine and have gotten busy or had an emergency but still no reply to my message so not convinced.

Just looked back at the info. My mistake it doesn't say soft play it says 'play area'. I guess there were a couple of toys in the cafe area?

I do think the people that were there were selling some great stuff I just hope that this random Melissa stunt doesn't ruin it for the genuine sellers that were there yesterday

This is in the Family room Classified section and the for sale section and it is only here that the post had been changed to gone???

Don't really understand what's going on? Was this a marketing ploy? I hope not because this forum is so much about good faith.

GONE?!?! Are you kidding me?

It would be hugely helpful if someone organising the sale responded to this. I am utterly pissed off and feel like a mug. I responded to these posts in good faith, turned down other good offers to get my required items and organised childcare for my son who was unwell.

Nothing makes me more mad than people taking the piss with my time. A response from the organisers to clarify their position on this would be most useful.

I have also PM'd Melissa and it hasn't been read, at 8 1/2 months pregnant emotions are running high, as is the precious requirement for sleep. I too rearranged help from family to organise my new baby room and got childcare for my daughter. I really hope that Melissa is OK as are her family, however I fear that I have been taken for a marketing mug and doubt very much I will attend a sale there again.

I also gave up my only chance of a vague lie in, which with a teething six month old is very precious!

While we waited to go in, the organiser was telling us that 'Melissa' and her friend, with whom she apparently planned to run the sale, were ill. Since I was already there and had reorganised things, I went in anyway, but in no real frame of mind to buy things.

There was an empty table, and the name attached to it was not Melissa Smith, but still giving the benefit of the doubt, I thought it might be her friend. I PMed saying how frustrating it must be and to let me know if she planned to attend a different sale or sell direct. I then saw the message on here.

Right

Here is my tuppence worth.

I have no experience of either Melissa or the sale

I went especially on Sunday after seeing the ad too

This was after an exchange in which Melissa had responded v promptly saying she would reserve things for me. However, then communication dried up. My PMs to Melissa were not read. I think this might be due to what I found out at the sale:

I went to the sale anyway in the hope that she might be there. I was the second person there and asked the organiser which table she was on. Organiser told me that Mel and her friend who share a stall were both ill and that they couldn't make it. Said she was a regular seller with great things normally.

I find the 'gone' message odd but I don't think Peekaboo need a stunt for advertising.

simonethebeaver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Actually, a quick way of seeing how genuine this

> is would be for people to say what 'she' had

> reserved for you. My guess is the same stuff will

> come up again and again.

This would be interesting.