Medela bottles v Mam bottles

zone2lege

Hi

Am about to move from breastfeeding to bottle, well a mix really going to keep morning and night breastfeeding going and was wondering what bottles are best.

Currently using Medala Calma but as I use more bottles am wondering if they are so practical with the calma device etc.

Someone has recommended Mam bottles?

Anyone know what's best - feeling a bit swamped with all the products to chose from.

Thanks

Hi - it's been a while for us, but the one learning I got from trying out loads of various types was a) go for the easy assembly one and b) every baby is different, so they might refuse one type or not get on with them at all... I'd just buy one or two to try it out... Best of luck!

m

• 2 weeks later...

What Mima said - get ones that are the easiest to put together and clean etc. and consider what your LO will take to. We used Avent as I had a couple to start with and they've been great (the "natural" range) for the last year. My friend had a couple of Dr. Browns bottles and I found them to be really faffy - but as Esme's post shows, it's entirely up to personal preference! Go into Mothercare or JL if you can and have a look at the different bottles/teats so you have an idea.

(I also just looked up the Medala Calma - I would definitely not want to deal with cleaning that on a daily basis!)

Edited to ad: someone is selling MAM bottles on the Classifieds for very cheap - that may answer your question!