Toys or games wanted for hospital visit

Mens

Hi everyone

I run a UK registered charity, Heal The World For Children. Each August we host a Children's Festival in Dulwich Park for local sick and disadvantaged children and visit hospitals and hospices each Christmas to take gifts and entertainment to children who have to be in hospital during the festive season.

This month we will be visiting UCLH and I am urgently looking for donations of unwanted new toys, CDs and games to take with us.

We are a small charity (three people) and we all work at other jobs. This year we have not had much time to raise the necessary funds to buy as many gifts as we need.

Please do get in touch if you have anything to donate or if you would like further indormation.

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you!! The age range is 0 to 12 (although the other ward has teenagers on it). We will be visiting on 19th December so ideally I would like to collect things by the 15th so that I can wrap them up and label them.

I would be happy to collect any items.

My number is : 07963636692

Thank you!

Hello, I have a few things to donate. Is there any chance that there's a local business out there that would be willing to hold a collection box for you for people to drop things off? I unfortunately don't have a car but would hate to make you come to us for just a few things.

Toni & Guy Ward (the KCH children's ward that most children acutely unwell get admitted to) is having a Christmas gift drive if anyone wanted to donate to a more local hospital. There's a page about it on FB (search for "Toni & Guy Ward" & it'll then be the first result.

Yes, Tony and Guy are great , my daughter was there for quite a long time last year. In fact out first ever charity event in 2009 was to this ward, you can see photos of the visit on the wall of their playroom.

No child should be in hospital.

I chose UCLH this year as the students in my form group will be attending and it was safer for them to attend a hospital local to the school.

Everyone is being very generous so we will indeed have plenty of toys. I was thinking of using any excess to visit Demelza but I will contact Sue on T&G and see if we can also go there before or just after Christmas. Will be nice to thank them all again for helping my daughter at a time when we thought she wouldn't make it.

Mybaby178 - On the FB page it says the pressie should be wrapped but with a description of what it is/age & sex it's appropriate for (I recall giving a teenage boy an Emma Bunton cd one yr in A&E).

Prob best to call the ward & speak to the ward manager before dropping off.

Mens - fair enough & didn't mean to hijack x