Baby moisturiser

My baby had slightly rough skin so I decided to apply a moisturiser. I started with Johnson's baby moisturiser but have since learnt about all the parabens etc. I then tried calendula from weleda which I found sticky. Finally I have just tried pure coconut oil and it has actually made dry patches on his skin. I have now read applying a oil, can make some body's think they don't need to make their own oil. Hence dry patches. Can anyone recommend a cream?

yeknomyeknom Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For those of you that use nothing, I suppose you

> need to make sure your bath products don't dry

> them out. What do you use in the bath if you use

> no cream after?

I use castor oil & a couple of drops of lavender essential oil & it's lovely on my 11 months' skin.

My boy has eczema, and (after much trial and error) its mostly deal with via Oilatum bath oil and Aveeno moisturiser. We get them on prescription, although both are available in the pharmacy. Also don' tbath too often - we were advised once/twice a week, just wipe with a wet flannel if mucky in the meantime.

Hi - not really difficult to get on prescription once you have seen the right doctor and figured out what works - I now have a permanent repeat. He's been at DMC since birth when it became apparent (he is now seven). They prescribed various creams/bath things etc etc and we gradually worked out what worked for us over a period of a couple of years (thankfully with the lovely Dr Sathia - some of the others were useless). Once we had it figured out we got a repeat prescription and have a six montlhy review unless there is a bad flare up in the meantime (although I also hold steroid cream for use if it does).

Another vote for Aveeno moisturiser. With my oldest we have never used anything but the little one suffers from dry scaly patches of skin. We don't use anything in the bath, just slather on the Aveeno. Dr happy to prescribe even though he doesn't have excema as such.

Pickle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've always used the lavender Johnson's baby

> bubble bath, with no problems.

Me too, very gentle :) also like Aveeno but not really necessary if you don't suffer from eczema. I would prob say try natural product like olive oil or failing that E45 or similar. Health Matters on Lordship lane stock some very gentle baby products too which I always have found expensive but worthwhile.