Horniman Primary - New Head.

littlemoo

There may already be a thread on this, but I can't find one. We are equidistant from Horniman and Fairlawn (therefore with a chance we wont get either!) and are slightly torn. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the new head mistress who has been appointed and due to start in the new year.

My instinct is to go for the smaller more nurturing feel of Horniman, but the results at Fairlawn are so much better in KS2. However a new head might shift that.

Any thoughts or insights would be great.

I've met the new head and she seems absolutely lovely and full of ideas and enthusiasm. She is coming from a school in Lambeth, so is local. The Governers were heavily involved in the recruitment process, as it is a snall school with a distinct ethos (Forest schools etc), so we were all keen to get somebody who would fit in and support that. It is a very collaborative school. Personally, I am excited about it (mcuh as I love Julia the existing head).

Have you seen this great article about the school?

http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/zurich-school-competition/horniman-primary-pedal-power-static-bikes

We are now building a greenhouse out of old sqaushed 2 litre bottles :)