Post-natal boob job - one for the mums...

EDmumma

Hello fellow mums,

I have recently seen a local breast consultant and posting here to share my wonderful experience and recommendation...

I have two young babies, 5 months and 19 months who I both breastfed - on the sound advice from midwives, health visitors and other health professionals. The benefits of breast feeding were spelled out and clear however I wish I was told about the consequences... saggy boobs.

I somehow lived in hope that, like baby weight, this would change over time.

After my consultation I since learned that no, sadly not. As there is no muscle tissue there is nothing left but stretched flesh (like a deflated balloon). Oh my, are we there already!?

Anyway, I am writing to thank Sharon King of Bloomers Lingerie - next to the Patch on Lordship Lane for a full bra fitting and finding something with enough support to scoop up my saggy sacks and make me feel a little perkier. I honestly can't tell you what a difference it makes - I usually dash to TKMax and grab something on sale with a number combination that sounds about right.

In lieu of surgical intervention, Sharon will make you feel like you again.

Best ?27 I have ever spent.

(http://bloomerslingerie.com/personalservice.php)

x EDmumma

Hi,

yeah- gosh there is so much I am learning about anatomy as I try and work out which bits don't work anymore (including my brain!).

I was on the phone recently with a friend who has recently been promoted at work, which will include international travel to exotic places, and while we were chatting I was getting dog poo off my buggy wheel with a stick (not found in "Baby Love" by Helen Barker).

That's why my encounter with Kim from Bloomers was so lovely. She just made me feel like there was hope - even if it involves spandex, lightweight steel and some double stitching.

: )

Oh yeah!

and have you heard about their "Bra Recycling Programme" - with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer UK - ?

Just take your old bras there and Kim will explain. It's a wonderful use of something that would otherwise be thrown in the bin.

I really liked Kim/ Bloomers when it was upstairs in the warehouse place near Cafe Nero on Lordship Lane. I am pleased she has moved to a bigger place and wish her every success.

Hey Saffron, perhaps she can start stocking man-bras (do they even exist?)

: )

Wow, I didn't know about bra-recycling: will definitely take those which no longer fit post pregnancy. Bloomers is great, and even though the initial expense might seem high-ish (I had never spend more than ?15 on a bra before), the quality is actually worth it (ie much longer lasting), plus it does make me feel good about my changed body, too...