Tippy cup recomendation?

Hi, my bubs is one. He is breast fed. He has had the odd bottle of expressed milk in his time. So he is used to sucking. However, when I give him a tippy cup that you need to suck to get the liquid out of, he doesn't do it. He just bites the nozzle and gets frustrated. To save on spills, there doesn't seem to be tippy cups where the liquid just pours out anymore.

If I give him an open cup, he's great at drinking from it but does chuck it everywhere.

Has anyone else faced this dilemma? How did you train them to suck for the cup? Or can you recommend a cup?

Maybe you were unlucky and got a dud? That's the cup my daughter uses the most and she regularly manages to pour it all over herself/ the floor/ her high chair so it doesn't appear to need sucking!

She also uses a doidy cup (? spelling) - just ordered a new one from Mothercare for ?3.50 - it's slanted so she can see what she is drinking and it has handles.

Yes that particular tommee tippee is definitely free flow, my daughter used to pour it everywhere too!

Tho obviously it does need to be tilted up at an angle to flow, if it was below your daughter's mouth and she was approaching it by putting her mouth down to it rather than holding it up and putting it into her mouth, then you have to sort of suck.