Electronic Pianos - which makes recommended?

Hi Mark - I teach piano locally and my students have bought the following digital pianos and been very happy with them. I own a Yamaha P35 which you are welcome to try out.

http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/01063685/details.html?kbid=3726

This Casio is also really good:

http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/01055902/details.html?kbid=3726

Both digital pianos are around the ?350 mark. The Casio comes with the stand and headphones.

It is worth buying a decent pedal as they don't come with a very realistic block pedal as you'd find on an upright piano.

Thanks so much for advice Lorraine. Ive had a look at both models you shared. Are there any other particular models in a slightly higher price bracket which are less portable and in one piece with pedals and a solid key cover that you'd recommend? There are so many its daunting. Do you rate the Yamaha Arius range? Or other makes: Roland? Kawai? Korg? ...

Mark, if you want to test out Roland digital piano you can visit us. We have a Digital and Acoustic Grand at home.

Roland FP7-F (replaced by FP80 in late 2013), is the best value for money if you are looking in top-tier. Alternatively as lorraine mentioned cheaper best value for money is Casio (latest models improved a lot)

Also Mark, from our experience the resale value of Stage pianos (similar function without much extras!) are much higher than home digital pianos

Pianoworld forum is a great resource

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/6/1/Digital_Pianos_-_Synths_&a.html

suniil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mark, if you want to test out Roland digital piano

> you can visit us. We have a Digital and Acoustic

> Grand at home.

>

> Roland FP7-F (replaced by FP80 in late 2013), is

> the best value for money if you are looking in

> top-tier. Alternatively as lorraine mentioned

> cheaper best value for money is Casio (latest

> models improved a lot)

>

> Also Mark, from our experience the resale value of

> Stage pianos (similar function without much

> extras!) are much higher than home digital pianos

>

> Pianoworld forum is a great resource

> http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/for

> ums/6/1/Digital_Pianos_-_Synths_&a.html

HI there Sunil - been following this thread with interest. I'd shortlisted the FP 7F as sadly, although I'd dearly dearly love an acoustic we don't have enough room at home for much bigger than the Roland. I'd be interested in your views on it - is this the one you've got? Wonder what's changed with the FP80?

Cheers

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mark

Are you still looking for a piano? If so we are selling our Yamaha clavinova CLP330.

The only reason we are selling it is that we moved house and now have room for the "real" piano I played as a child.

It cost over ?1000 about 4/5 years ago. We're looking for around ?750 for it.

I found the sound and touch really great. It has a couple of tiny scratches and the power lead isn't the original one as we lost it when moving house but it still works as normal.

If you'd like to see photos let me know or if you'd like to come and try it out you'd be more than welcome.

Thanks, Sarah