Birthday cake for CMPI toddler

calling experienced parents of CMPI toddlers.

I am after a birthday cake for my sons 2nd birthday. He is allergic to cows milk protein and soya intolerant so I am after any alternatives. Any recommendations for a bakery or recepies for home making (gulp) would be very gratefully received. Many Thanks in advance.

I can help, my son is the same (now six and with 2 younger siblings, so I've done many dairy free cakes!!). I usually do a chocolate fudge cake which is pretty foolproof and can be whittled into trains/hedgehogs whatever fairly easily. Let me know if you would like the recipe.

But most recently I have discovered a vegan sponge which actually works. It's on this blog - - - the page is about a complicated mousse cake but I just used the sponge recipe. The vegan buttercream is nice too - I use pure sunflower marg as the base (sainsbury's).

Hold on I just realised you are not needing egg free - that makes things much easier! Any recipe will do fine, just substitute any butter with Pure sunflower spread, and any milk with oat milk, formula or whatever you usually have.

x

Another option is making an olive oil cake - no need for butter etc. Usually fruit is used to sweeten, but there are chocolate cakes that can be made. Come out moist and delicious! Easy recipe in the baby-led weaning book for an apple cake. Probably won't be popular for a birthday though!