stroller ideas for "big" toddler

Hi all,

My son who is 2 in March still needs a stroller from time to time. He is a rather large 2 year old and is starting to look rather uncomfortable in his baby jogger city mini (which we love by the way). Are there any other options?

He is a tall and rather stocky guy so is more like a 3.5 year old height and weight wise.

Would be really grateful for any advice. He loves walking (well running, jumping) but there are times when I just need to be able to push him around.

Grateful for any ideas.

After around 2 they tend to grow in the legs rather than the body it seems - my boys have both been sturdy but now at nearly 3 and 5(!) they both happily jump into the maclaren (no bigger than the baby jogger) if they get the chance! For note my eldest at 3.5 was fine in the bee, a mountain buggy and a phil and teds (at various times!).

Bb - I'm sure mine is the xt techno but I can check. Toby still naps in it if we are out and about and I have even had him fall asleep in it in front of the tv. They are nowhere near as light as a bugaboo but great and robust for a toddler and have a good recline. We have just bought a separate double but won't be getting rid of the Maclaren.

And another Maclaren vote here. My tall 3 year old daughter stopped napping in her cot at just before 2yrs but fortunately continued to happily sleep in the buggy, including when 'parked'. Ours is a Sport which is a bit lighter & less sturdy than the XT and although it doesn't recline completely flat it's enough to nap. It also has a bit you can pull out to support their legs when it's reclined. Very good use of the approx ?120 it cost at the time I reckon!

Convex I went for the baby jogger city select in the end as was really attracted to the idea of using it in single mode on the days my eldest will be at nursery. I do fear I have a bun fight on my hands getting him away from the Maclaren though! X