SPD treatment recommendations

hoppermum

Hi folks,

I'm 9 weeks post partum with #2 and still suffering from SPD which seems to be getting worse (probably due to carrying toddler / baby etc)

I want to nip this in the bud and am covered by my health insurance but I know there's limited knowledge / treatment available.

Does anyone have any recommendations of osteopaths either locally or in town who I could approach.

Many thanks

Ah yes I did ready about him but was hoping to find someone a little more local. If there's no one like him round here then I will get in touch. Do you know how many / how regular treatments tend to be? (Not sure if I could make the trip every week for 6 months for example!)

Hi

I was suffering from excruciating pain from SPD, a couple of weeks of Physio at ESPH on lordship lane and a Serola belt and I am virtually pain free despite being near term in my pregnancy. I saw Aisling & another female physio at ESPH and they have been great. You will need to strip down to your pants so they can assess your pelvis - so you may prefer to see a female physio.

Good luck - it really is so awful!

HIya - I suffered SPD during my pregnancy and Daniel Harvey at Dulwich Chiropractic has been amazing. I think he takes private health insurance, but you better confirm. He's been recommended by others here too, link to his website is:http://www.dulwichchiropractic.co.uk/index.html

hope you feel better soon!

I also recommend Russell at Dulwich Physio. I had very painful SPD in the late stages of my second pregnancy and was almost pain-free after just one session. In my 3rd pregnancy (twins) the symptoms started much earlier, but one session with Russell and doing the exercises he showed me kept things under control for the rest of the pregnancy.

• 2 weeks later...
The Dulwich Osteopath Marguerita Corbo or you could try acupuncture? I've had awful back pain and was amazed to find sitting/gentle bouncing on birthing ball resolved it within a week, after recommendation from Kings physio. Hope it eases soon, also try and rest up (ha i know laughable with kids!)