Any idea of likely school?

KTJ

Hi all - I have a question I was hoping you wise people can guide me on. We live right on Peckham Rye Park, between Barry and Friern Roads, and we have an 18mo girl. Judging by all previous discussions on here, and the catchment map someone kindly created and posted a while back, we live right in the middle if ED's 'black hole ' for primary schools.

Whilst I know that these things can differ somewhat year on year, does anyone have any idea which school our daughter is likely to be offered a place at? When the time comes, we will of course put down multiple options on her application, and although I absolutely haven't delved deep into the application process yet I understand from other threads that it would be shortsighted not to put down at least one option which we are actually likely to get (to try to mitigate against being allocated a school horrendously far away). The closest school to us is Goodrich, but we don't really stand a chance for that, from what I gather.

I know that we have a couple if years to go before application, but it is already a bit if a worry at the back of my mind. Has anyone got an idea, ie live in the same 'black hole' with kids in school, or know anyone who as applied and been offered a place recently?

Your help is much appreciated - thank you!

Keep an eye out at school run time and see what uniforms your neighbourhood children are wearing. I would have thought Goodrich, Heber, St Johns and St Clements, Ivydale, Goosegreen and even if you don't get in straight away there is always a bit of a shake-down between the April announcement and Sept start, with places coming free :)

A note of caution - school runs may be misleading as catchments have shrunk so much.

We are in a similar situation and my advice would be not to worry too much right now. Assuming you don't plan to move, there's nothing you can do in advance.

By 2016 the new Harris primary is likely to be up and running which is likely to change things a bit. Keep an eye on what happens for 2015 entry as that is most likely to be helpful to you.

We're around the corner, further down Friern, and have applied this year. I think I'm right in saying though that it will be a different landscape by the time your 18 mth old is applying: last year new schools opened on the Herne hill side of dulwich and I think one the other side of nun head. This year, new Harris primary, next year new hamlet school on Bellenden and I think another Harris, plus isn't there some big expansion of ivydale planned?

As others have said, prob not worth thinking about until closer to the time...

Thank you all for taking the time to reply - much appreciated! I am probably worrying prematurely as some of you pointed out - we just really like the area and would be reticent to have to move away. We'll just sit tight and see what happens...