Day out with Thomas (the Tank Engine)?

Al&Em

Just wondered whether anyone has done this previously as we're thinking of booking for our toddler (3 yrs by then) who is mad about Thomas. Probably the one in Tunbridge Wells as seems the closest. Is it a full day out? What activities are there to do in the "Imagination Station"? We're trying to decide what time to book the train for... Do you actually get to ride on Thomas or any other of his "friends"? Grateful for any tips from anyone who has been before. Thanks :)

Another option for Thomas fans is Drusillas Zoo, down near Brighton/Hove. They have a selection of Thomas characters dotted around the park, and there's a little Thomas train you can ride in, complete with Fat Controller. We used to go regularly a few years ago when my younger sister lived in the UK, as her partner worked there in the weekends.

We did the Day out with Thomas with our 2 year old in Tonbridge a couple of years ago. It was quite small - we basically spent the morning there and then had lunch in a restaurant in the same complex, and drove home while he napped.

He absolutely loved it. It was a couple of years back, but when we went the train ride wasn't pulled by Thomas but it was Emily. They gave out little gifts to the children on the train which went down well. We did that pretty much as soon as we arrived. Then afterwards, we saw Thomas/Diesel racing (attachaed), did colouring etc and looked at the other train exhibits. I wasn't sure it was worth it, but my toddler had an amazing time. He still has the certificate from the visit on his wall!

We've done the one on the Watercress line a couple of times - there are 4 stations on the line. You can take one of the other trains - Diesel, `Edward, etc - between these - about 1 hour from 1 end to the other. At main station (think it's Alresford), you can have short rides on Thomas (about 10 mins total, so that everyone can have a go), meet the fat controller, ride on a mini steam train, go on a bouncy castle, look around the engine sheds where other engines are being fixed, and there is some entertainment. if you go to ?Alton? - there's some stuff to do there too - bus and steam roller to look at (can't remember their names - daughter now nearly 9 so haven't gone for a while!), an exhibition to visit, and a shop. Makes a good day out - we went ?2 or 3 times, as good place to meet friends with kids from W. Country. Not massively cheap but kids loved it!

Brilliant. Thanks everyone for all your Thomas tips! Thomas Land at Drayton Manor was already on our radar but hadn't heard about the Thomas activities at the zoo in Brighton - great to know!

Think we'll go for it and book tickets. Am certain he'll love it! Thanks again.