Teenagers- how is yours today?

This IS the separate thread for teenagers. It says so in the title! :D

My teens today;

Teen 1: Tearful, a bit distant with occasional bouts of charming & affectionate.

Teen 2: Mostly monosyllabic (no change), with interludes of barely tolerant disdain.

Teen 3: Still in pyjamas. Dippy and driving his father (& me) mad with his inability to do ANYTHING.

Sigh.

Love this thread!

The ability to spend time in/on a bed are limitless, particularly if said teenager is male. Communication skills are limited, "Mum can I have something to eat?" easily the most used words in conversation. Actually I arrive home from work to this conversation almost daily; those of you with fussy eating toddlers take heart, they will grow out of it!

But I wouldn't swap him for the world, culprit recently turned 18.

Mine is only 12 but it is all about how much chocolate and sleep she can score in a day. Some days she is a Waltonesque daughter and some days more like Carrie freaking out at the prom. However, I do love the whole growing up thing and finding their place in the world (ok it's Sat night and I've had the odd glass of vino ..)

My two (both males) are 19 and 24, so I feel like I have been suffering teenagerhood foe a lifetime! There have been many days when I longed for the simplicity of potty training and when to start solids!!

The 24 year old (moved out for 2 years and then moved back) has recently started to have entire conversations with us, rather than just grunting! 19 year old is still having mood swings! I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel though! Love this thread!

Mine aged 13 seems to spend every minute she is not at school in bed. Is this normal????? Prior to secondary school she loved going out and was always doing something. She sometimes goes out with friends but the impression I get from talking to her is that her friends spend their time doing nothing too!!

Thank goodness for school - and work for me!

T2 (14) had a breakdown this morning after I told him off for dragging 6 yr old sister off of sofa. (She did kick him but he did overreact.)

T1 (15) could not find his trainers even after I informed him 3 times that they were under his bed. They WERE under his bed.

Weekends are spend on Xbox, laptop, in bed and asking for food... Sometimes all at the same time.

If it's any comfort, my oldest was a typically awkward teen. So much so that I was counting the months, weeks, and days until he went to college.

I don't know what they did to him, but what returned for Christmas was a delightful, fully-fledged member of the human race. And he's been like that for the past fifteen years.

So don't despair.

I reel at the amount of food they can eat! Obviously not at meal times. Eats like a bird when I put food on the table but soon as my back is turned can neck half the fridge! Given up trying to count how many calories he's having. His younger, sporty brother (8) eats even more!

• 2 weeks later...