short break in Dublin - ideas please

Yak

I have a rare pass for a couple of nights away with a girlfriend in Dublin. We're not wild and I plan to do a LOT of sleeping and lounging about in the pool, but can anyone recommend good places to eat or visit? I have about a half hour tolerance of most museums and a very large appetite.

Thanks in advance

If you haven't chosen anywhere to stay yet Number 31 is a great place to stay (www.number31.ie) and Locks Brasserie is a lovely restaurant (www.locksbrasserie.com) - sorry that I can't work out how to attach those web addresses as linkes - although as we weren't paying not sure of the prices! Did go to some fantastic pubs on a late night pub crawl as well but unfortunately by that time I wasn't paying too much attention to the names and locations of the establishments!

A few years since I went out in Dublin unimpeded by children so this is likely to all be out of date. Odessa for brunch www.odessa.ie was always necessary to book, Ely wine bar, several locations, nice in the afternoons, wasnt mad about their food personally. The best pubs we found we always wandered into by accident.

Used to stay in ballsbridge.

Just to add Ripper st all filmed in Dublin and in second episode this series they were in the newly renovated National Museum, not too big and some interesting stuff. Looked great on screen.