Going to Disneyland Paris on a budget

Sol

We are planning a trip to Disneyland Paris at the end of June for 3 nights; The prices seem to vary a lot on whether you go on a package or book hotel, tickets, and Disneyland park tickets independently. Does anyone have some advice on hotels? where to eat? will it be possible to book somewhere close to the parks but with more options for food? or even an apart hotel with options to cook basic meals? I have heard that the food in Disneyland is very expensive. We would like to book somewhere close but with more options to eat? Also, do you have to buy tickets for the park for the adults even if they are not going on the rides?

Any advice on going to Disneyland Paris will be appreciate. We are two adults and 3 children.

We went to Paris, stayed in an apartment in the city and went to Disneyland on two non-consecutive days out of a four day stay. With a bit of judicious googling I found some vouchers for discounted entry (offered on a French website but no requirement to be resident in France). We picked up breakfast on our way to the parks in the morning, on one day took a packed lunch and on another ate lunch at a restaurant immediately outside the park, and had dinner back in the city. It worked for us - after a whole day at Disney it was nice to have a day off, relax, and then go back. I'm pretty sure it didn't cost any more than if we had booked a Disney package for two nights.

If you want to do it that way there are lots of apartment rental websites for Paris, and also reasonable chain hotels. If you stay near Nation station it's about 30 minutes to Disneyland by RER train.