Ideas please! Birthday day out for a 5 year old

crystal7

My daughter is 5 next week. She's having a party with her friends in a few weeks time but We'd like to take her for some sort of treat this weekend as her grandparents are visiting. I've suggested museums or soft play but she doesn't seem keen. Has anyone done anything recently that's been a big hit with a similar aged child? Even if it's just somewhere nice to have lunch near a great playground (although the weather's supposed to be awful!). We will have her 2 year old brother with us.

Thanks!

Medieval Banquet do an earlier dinner/show on a Sunday which I took my son to last month for his fifth birthday. We all dressed up (the adults hired costumes there) and the food was pretty good. Only you know how late your two year old can tolerate to be awake without getting cranky though so it might not suit?

Or, NAMCO on the Southbank for bowling and games and it's next to the Aquarium and London Eye with loads of different restaurants beside the river.

Or a show and lunch/dinner. There are lots of kiddies theatre companies so you should find something.

Have fun x

It's further afield but we went to Druisilas at the weekend, it was really good and both my 4 year old and two year old loved it and had a great time.

It's only small but there is lots there including a zoo (you can go into some enclosures), Thomas the tank engine and some great playgrounds!