was 460m the last place offered at Goodrich last year in first round or the last place?

Sorry to be SO dull?

..But we're considering moving and have found the info that the last place offered at Goodrich last year was 460m, does anyone know if this was in the first round of offers, or was this the furthest distance that a child eventually got in from on the waiting list even after the shake down etc?

thanks for any help!

I can feel my blood pressure rising even having to think about this..gah.

Yes, this distance based on first round offers. I suspect it was my next door but one neighbour in fact. Completely unscientifically, I am expecting Goodrich catchment to be slightly bigger this year, as they bulged a while back and I think last year and the year before would have borne the brunt of a higher number of places going to siblings.

Have those that are offered places so close to the start of term, or even after, been offered place elsewhere in the first round that they have rejected? If not, it must be pretty stressful waiting for a place to come up so close to the start of term & even worse if the term has already started.

thanks for info, do others reckon Norfolkvillas is right in thinking catchment may expand for Sept '15 a bit due to it having been a couple of years since bulge (is that right it's been a couple of years?)

I assume goodrich isn't bulging this year??? gawd.

simonethebeaver, how does a kid start as first in waiting list and then go down to tenth?? forgive all the questions!

Belle, what's the furthest road you know of where a kid got in? thanks!

You can go down the waiting list as people who live closer to the school move in and push you further back. As Jollymummy's friends were offered their places ahead of my neighbour, logically they would have been above her on the list so must have moved in after January?

There's a great map that someone on here produced showing the catchments from last year for most primary schools round here. I would also have thought though that the new school openings/expansions will cause a bit of easing of some of the existing distances.

Souhwark offered every on-time applicant a school place last year, so yes, if people were on the waiting list then they would have been offered another school place already. It would just be one that they didn't want, although they might have accepted it. Accepting an offer (for a lower preferenceschool) doesn't take you off the waiting list for your higher preference schools.