Nursery failing to move child into next room

chorusgirl

Just wondering if any one has experienced this? My little one turn two this month and already the staff are making noises about there not being any room available in the next room. This is exasperated by the knowledge that they are taking on two years olds eligible for free nursery places. Do they not have a duty to provide for those already in their care? I worry as my son has speech delay and I don't believe it is helping him mixing only with children much younger than himself.

Any thoughts?

Ours has a blockage too - no one is moving up to toddler room for maybe another 7 months...It would drive me nuts if I heard they were taking in more though - are you sure?

I'm not seeing any other option but moving him so I'm going to look at another nursery this week.

I don't want to - as he loves it there - but there are several older kids in his room that will have priority when they do start moving and I don't want him in the baby room at 2.5.

Sad.

Ellie78, schools have been doing a January intake only for at least a couple of years now (might be wrong) so can't see how this would affect your 2 year going up into the next room? If he loves it there I wouldn't worry now.

chorusgirl, I wouldn't worry about your just turned 2 year old mixing with much younger children. I find it helps them a lot actually in their personal, social and emotional development.

Nurseries in England were given more info about 2 year olds being eligible for free 15 hour places (this was from Sept 13) and maybe they're trying to accommodate?

thanks minder - I didn't say I knew whether it would effect it but tut's what they'e saying is the reason.

I do worry about it though - my son does benefit from being around older children; the room is also designed to accommodate younger kids. to be honest, he'd be ready to move up in a month or so and would have been doing that under normal conditions. I don't think it is fair to him to wait an extra 7 or 8 months on top of that. If there's no reason for them to have toddler rooms....I kind of think...they wouldnt have toddler rooms. All nurseries I saw when we were first looking have made a big point to me about the differences between the rooms and the importance of moving up ...so if I can find a space in a Toddler room in a nice nursery then I will probably move him.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I don't know how spoillable food can be used as evidence in whatever imaginary CSI scenario you are imagining.  And yes, three times. One purchase was me, others were my partner. We don't check in with each other before buying meat. Twice we wrote it off as incidental. But now at three times it seems like a trend.   So the shop will be hearing from me. Though they won't ever see me again that's for sure.  I'd be happy to field any other questions you may have Sue. Your opinion really matters to me. 
    • If you thought they were off, would it not have been a good idea to have kept them rather than throwing them away, as evidence for Environmental Health or whoever? Or indeed the shop? And do you mean this is the third time you have bought chicken from the same shop which has been off? Have you told the shop? Why did you buy it again if you have twice previously had chicken from there which was off? Have I misunderstood?
    • I found this post after we just had to throw away £14 of chicken thighs from Dugard in HH, and probably for the 3rd time. They were roasted thoroughly within an hour of purchase. But they came out of the oven smelling very woofy.  We couldn't take a single bite, they were clearly off. Pizza for dinner it is then. Very disappointing. 
    • interesting read.  We're thinking about the same things for our kids in primary school as well. One thing I don't understand about Charter ED is whether they stream / set kids based on ability.  I got the impression from an open evening that it is done a little as possible. All i could find on-line was this undated letter - https://www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk/_site/data/files/users/18/documents/9473A8A3547CCCD39DBC4A55CA1678DC.pdf?pid=167 For the most part, we believe in mixed ability teaching and do not stream in Year 7 or Year 8. The only exceptions to this are that we have a small nurture class for Maths. This is a provision for students who scored lower than 85 in their SATS exams and is designed to support them to acquire the skills to access the learning in mainstream class. We do not have nurture classes for any other subjects. We take a more streamed - though not a setted - approach in Maths and Science from Year 9 onwards. though unsure if this is still accurate reflection of policy, and unsure of difference between streaming and setting.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In