Have you flown with Ryanair & Easyjet & taken a buggy bag to the gate?

Fragolina

Because of family commitments we fly back & forth to Italy using both Easyjet & Ryanair. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using a buggy bag with these particular airlines? I'd like to buy one to protect my buggy (the last time we flew it was thrown around a little & arrived at our destination in two parts!) Does anyone know if Easy & Ryanair let you take it up to the gate or would I have to check it in if using the bag?

Thanks in advance.

I know, they are terrible through and through. I rarely use them this year as I have just had enough and luckily norwegian airlines (another no frills option) has started a route to my hometown. Their staff smile and answer questions;)

Good luck with it all and perhaps worth double checking at the information desk when uou get to the airport.

• 6 months later...

Tagging on to this thread for some extra advice please.

Ryanair now allow a car seat as well as buggy for no additional charge.

Does anyone know when the car seat is dropped off? At check in? And would you recommend wrapping/bagging it?

I'm also going to use my Bugaboo Bee and drop off at gate. Is a travel bag really necessary here?

Thank you

On our last holiday we had the joy of RyanAir on the way out and EasyJet on the way home (long story)!

Both were fine. We had the pram all the way to the plane as we were bused onto the runway. It was then folded and left at the foot of the steps to the plane to be put on board by baggage handlers.

We picked it up at the foot of the plane steps on arrival.

Both airlines, for that at least, were fine.

Used easy jet took it to the gate they have been great although last time my malcaren hood was missing on both way and way back so had to wait until all the baggage came out until we got it back but would recommend it ! Doubt you need a carry bag as it's too much hassle just for the flight unless it's a really expensive buggy like bugaboo

Hello

we've just flown on Ryanair, and yes their policy has changed - you can now take a pram and another child's item, like a booster seat for free, for each child.

We checked in our booster seat at the bag drop off desk. The out flight, I wrapped it in a plastic bag and sealed it with sellotape, and that was fine. The return, I didn't even bother wrapping it and that was fine too. We didn't use a bag for the pram and that was no problem.

By the way, they also allow two cabin items now - for example a trolley cabin bag and a handbag. But they also only guarantee that the first 90 boarders will get their cabin bag on board. After that, the larger cabin bag may have to go in the hold. We actually volunteered our larger bag to go in the hold as we would have had to wait for the booster seat etc. to come out on the luggage carousal anyhow. To be frank, I found Ryanair to be much better - less rude, less anal about stuff and less of the 'buy our lottery tickets now!'

Stansted on the other hand was dreadful.