HOME MADE CAKE EXHANGE FOR BABY ITEMS

also

Hello there!

I hope this doesn't seem cheeky but I?m hoping to do a master baker trade for baby goods. I make a mean cake and would love to make someone a victoria sponge / carrot / chocolate cake / batch of brownies or cake of choice in exchange for coveted baby items in decent condition. Hopefully perfect for a birthday party, special occasion or just a good old fashioned afternoon tea!

I?m looking for:

baby byorn carrier sling

Baby byorn bouncing chair

Moses basket

small microwave

Bed side troll crib

Cot bed

Happy to make multiple cakes or supplement with cash for the bottom two items. I live in Peckham Rye and could deliver cake and collect items at any convenient time.

Many thanks for reading :)

What a great idea! I don't have any of the above sadly but can I be cheeky and say, please consider other slings or soft structured carriers other than the Baby Bjorn? There are loads of threads on this on here and also the fabulous resource of the South London Sling Library (based in Beckenham) but as a starter for ten these slings will last you much longer and be better for both your back and baby than the BB:

Ergo

Connecta

Manduca (my favourite; currently using with 11 mo in lieu of buggy and used with my eldest til he was almost 2.5)

Beco Gemini / Butterfly or Soleil

Moby wrap for early days

Rose and Rebellion

Boba 4G

These might cost you more than a cake though as the resale value remains high (unlike the BB which come up often and don't retain value as don't last very long).

Hope you don't mind my post... But babywearing / good sling is such a fantastic gift to mother and baby I wanted to give some pointers!

BST

Thanks folks! Great advice about the slings too. Kam1 and Gruffaloschild I'll PM you both next week if that's ok as I'm having a small baby shower this weekend. I had said no pressies needed but there may be the odd hand me down so I should probably not acquire more stuff before then. I'll definitely be in touch next week though. Thank you!