Advice about Babybay Mattress & Bugaboo Bee Cocoon?

Hello. Baby number 2 is due in a few weeks and I just wondered if anyone can help me.

I've bought a BabyBay bedside crib this time around, for the early months. I bought it from Germany to save money and there wasn't the option of buying a mattress at the same time. Looking online most places seem to sell the Little Green Sheep mattress which is ?65-?70. I'm not looking to spend that much and just wondered if anyone has any advice on a suitable mattress which fits the Babybay around the ?20-?25 mark?

I'm also considering a Bugaboo Bee. I love the pram we have already (which we had for my now 3.5yo) but it's not practical for public transport and completely fills the boot of the car, so I can imagine using it locally for the first few weeks and then wanting something smaller and lighter longer term to supplement my slings (I have back problems so can't always rely on the sling). (We have an old Maclaren but I'm thinking of something I can use from around the 6 week mark that is parent facing and will then go on to last for a couple of years). I just wondered how long people find the cocoon lasts for and whether the fact the bee is so low has posed problems for anyone who has it (I'm nearly 5'8")?

Thanks

Hey

We have the bee and really like it. Depends on whether you have big babies but yours should easily last in the cocoon until the weather is warm enough not to have it. I have a friend who had a big baby and managed until 6 months in hers. My baby was 7lbs and born in February and easily fitted in until the warmer spring/summer. Obviously by winter a footmuff is needed. My second baby is now 9 weeks and he is very happy in it and has tonnes of room, think he's around 11-12lbs now and is long.

In terms of the fact its quite low. I was a bit concerned too as it felt odd having baby so low down (I'm only 5'5) however the handle easily extends to all heights and my husband happily pushes it and he's near 6ft.

Maybe ask someone if you can push theirs when you're out and about?

Thank you all - very helpful.

I could definitely do with having a push of a Bee and a friend of mine has one so I'll pop over once I'm on mat leave and give that a go.

Mathilda I'll take a look at the mattress you suggest thank you. I've seen other foam versions online (similar to the one we had for the crib we used when baby 1 was small) but it's difficult to know the quality of something when you can't look at it!

Hi

the Bee is great and we used the cocoon until our son was about 6 months.

You can push it around with one hand, super easy especially if you go shopping!

The only problem (don't want to be negative but I think it is important to show the negatives, so you can decide..) with it -in my opinion- is that it is so easily manoeuvrable that it can sometimes be a bit unstable, for eg. when getting on buses or -much worse- on trains, as the front wheels go 'wild'..

If you use trains a lot you might just need a hand from someone, that's all.

If you just walk around though, it's great!

Hope it helps

I love my Bee. V light compared to other buggies \i've tried. I've always lifted it via the frame on and off trains and buses (even now my daughter is 14 months) so that's an option if you're worried about the wheels slipping. I'm 5 7 and don't have any problems with the height as the handle extends quite far up. Likewise my husband who's nearly 6 foot. I love that the handles easily shorten when you're trying to save space on the bus/in restaurants/when storing at home.