Cheap holiday location close to London?

We are getting a new kitchen fitted at great expense. We have a 1 year old and think it best to clear out for the three weeks it is taking to complete the works. However, we want to be close enough to pop back occasionally and check on progress etc. The kitchen is taking a lot of our savings so we are hoping someone might have an idea for a cheap holiday idea nearby? Unlikely I know, but fingers crossed.

If it is during the summer you could try renting a university campus flat, for example at Sussex. Great location - right on the downs. alternatively, ring up some hotels or airbnb listings on south coast. my sister's parents in law got a room in a flat for 3 weeks at a great price. they went to visit first to check etc.

My friends often go here with their children and they love it. She had two of my boys to stay there with them last year, and they loved it - when we went to collect them I could see why. My friend describes it as a bit like tellytubby land (how that dates us!), and it is! It's a huge green grassy space with the chalets all set around it. No cars or roads (cars left in the car park) and the children can play while parents watch them in peace. There's the usual pool and playground facilities and some other stuff (can't remember exact details). And it's sooo peaceful and restful. Very Enid Blyton-esque. It might be worth a look?

http://www.kingsdownpark.net