Kids party venues

We have recently been to parties at 'Colour Makes People Happy' and 'All Fired Up'. I would recommend them both. I guess you could say they are semi-hosted, i.e. someone runs the activities but you provide the food and any other entertainment that you might want.

I second Colour Makes People Happy, Simon is brilliant with the children. What kid doesn't enjoy throwing paint at a moving object! We had our sons 5th birthday there and he still talks about it!

The shop looks tiny from the front but its like a tardis when you get inside, Simon is really cool with kids running around. but to be honest they were so into the paint thing that they only moved to eat. Added bonus, each child gets to take home their very own masterpiece. We didn't really do anything apart from cake a serving some pizza!

Food wise, We bought in juice and ordered Pizza from dominos ( on a collection it was buy any size pizza and get the same free)however Simon and his lovely colleague(sorry forgot her name but she was lovely) made the kids hot chocolate and these yummy mini pancakes covered in chocolate sauce...I think I ate most of them before the kids even knew they were there.

Otherwise there is the Dog Kennel Hill Adventure Playground, that was also really good fun, the kids can run wild outside but if the weathers rubbish then you can use the club house(it was raining when we went to the last party there but the kids were still climbing and running wild. They have a little kitchen that you get use of. Its not hosted but if a couple of parents hang around then its a doodle. We didn't even organise any party games. just pizza (can you see my theme... so easy and most kids eat pizza)

Think there is a thread on here some where that mentions parties at jags, they look brill but I think its a bit pricey.

Good Luck

oh check out ebay for ready filled party bags!

I've just had a double birthday party at the Play Zone in Brixton Rec. It was and 5th/3rd birthday for my son and daughter and suited both ages. You get exclusive use of the play zone for an hour and then a large hall after for an hour for the food and cake. The only negative is that access by car to drop off the supplies was a bit tricky. Everything else was fab and low effort from the parents compared to a church hall and games type party.

I just had a joint party for my 6 year old daughter in the church hall at St Clement with St Peter (off Barry Road). It was great! We hired a bouncy castle from Jumping Jacks and the kids pretty much entertained themselves (with a few party games thrown in). There's a kitchen there so you can prepare or cook food and make the grown ups a cuppa if they're staying and there are plenty of tables and chairs.

Quite a few parents said they didn't know it was available for hire - it's only free on Saturday afternoon for kids parties. Anyway, I'd really recommend it.

http://www.stclementwithstpeter.btck.co.uk/FortheChildren

• 2 weeks later...

We recently had a soft play party at Beckenham spa which I know isn't the right location for you but we had fun! I wanted to share info on party bags. I bought some pre-filled ones from http://www.amyroseparties.co.uk

They are very reasonably priced with good quality toys - no cheap plastic tat in sight!

I topped up the bags with some extra fillers available on the site - focussing on good quality wooden toys. The bags went down a treat!

Good luck with your party.

X