Pre schools

We love Magic Moments creche, which is at Bew Court on Lordship Lane. Sessions are 9.45 to 12.15 and it's a really good introduction to nursery - the ladies are lovely, and particularly good at helping children settle. My little girl started at 18 months and loves it! Open every day apart from Weds.

Have you considered using a registered childminder? They can offer the same service for your 2.6 year old? Just a thought as some 2 year olds still need the reassurance of a smaller setting.

I know I tried with my youngest, now 15, when she started at a pre-school in St Faith's Community Centre for a couple of mornings. Parents had to attend for some sessions too and as she got so upset, I gave up as I felt I could offer her more at home.

Can I recommend st marys preschool in Nunhead-takes children from 2 I think and is 9.15-12.15. The staff are very longstanding yet still enthusiastic, kind and warm. It's not very well know but it's absolutely lovely and my daughter has thrived there and loves going.