Center Parcs

Can anyone give me any insight into what a long weekend at Center Parcs might be like for a single parent with a 5 year old, 3 year old and 20 month old? I obviously won't be able to take them swimming altogether but are there clubs and activities where I could leave one or more of them? And are there easy crowd pleasers like playgrounds and soft play areas?

Any help gratefully received.

WM

I think it would be good if you plan ahead. There are cr?che facilities, drop off activities for older children, playgrounds galore. Even just cycling round the park is fun (you could have a bike with trailer for the smaller children and have your eldest cycling?).

A lot of the restaurants have small soft play sections attached, which is great. Probably the most child friendly place you could go.

Have a look on the website to see what sort of drop off activities you could use, and plan around those?

We had a lovely time at the Elvedon one a number of years ago, with a 15 month old and 2.5 year old.

the kids pool at Elvedon is pretty good - the 5 year old and the 3 year old would be fine there with you in charge of the baby - little slides, jets etc that is arranged in such a way that be doable solo as all shallow, esp if 3 year old has a floatation jacket on - they do provide them there. the big slides will be too big for children anyway. You could do the lazy river with 3 children as most adults can stand up and with floatation devices the children just hold on to go and gently woosh round it. Again that could be done solo. I'd be a bit wary as the clubs and acivities really add up - the playgrounds and cycling are good, but the swimming is thae main thing and if you don't think you can manage 3 of them in the kids bit not sure if worth going tbh. the kids section is separate from the main pool - share the same changing etc, but quite distinct once in, and no chance of accidentally floating off into trouble. Look at the pictures and plan of the kids section. I would not pay for Centre Parcs if i could not use the pool.

Yes, there are lots of outdoor playgrounds and creche/activity sessions where you could leave a child for a couple of hours and take the others swimming (or leave them all in one and go to the spa!) You can book these all in advance which may be worth doing.

I'd recommend Elvedon as it's fairly flat, which is handy if you're pulling 2 kids in a trailer on your bike!

If you want to eat in the restaurants at kiddy dinner time book it earlier in the day - we saw lots of people getting turned away or having long waits.

The kids pool area at Elveden would certainly be managable with multiple kids, it's seperated from the main pool at bit and my then 2 1/2 yr old spent almost an hour just going up and down one little slide while I chatted to another mum who's kids were doing the same (although this was almost 2 yrs ago now so may have changed). Might be worth checking if there are rules for how many kids you can take in. Years ago I was a lifeguard at a similar sort of pool and we wouldn't have let one adult bring in 3 little ones.

We also passed a lot of time just feeding birds and squirrels from the back door of our appartment, they are very tame and came right up to us.

It is 1:1 for under 5's and although you could probably get away with it I worry about insurance if anything happened... recommend Elveden...and pay extra to be central so you don't have to walk too far..you can get a break by putting in clubs and using babysitting service (recommend moonlight spa deal to give yourself a break).....do you have a friend you could offer a free holiday to?....you will not pay extra in accommodation and they could enjoy a spa break Inbetween helping you at the pool? Just cone back from there so feel free to pm any questions...