Re: Highly recommend 'Design a T-Shirt birthday parties?

annieB

http://capturedontherye.com/screen-printing-parties-workshops/

If you are stuck for an idea for a children?s birthday party then look no further!

I had my son?s 6th birthday party at Captured on the Rye and he had in his words ?the most epic birthday party ever?. Lou managed a party of ten children effortlessly. All the kids loved working out their design, choosing the colour of the screen print and then proudly walked out with their very own unique t.shirt. There was also time for some spin painting which equally captivated them all. I?ve put theirs into frames, they look great and also they make super presents. I was able to bring in a birthday cake and order in a pizza for the finale, it was an effortlessly stress free birthday. My elder son also throughly enjoyed it and is already planning his 9th birthday to be there.

Another big thumbs up for Lou and Captured on the Rye. Our seven year old and her friends thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. Silence descended (how unusual!) as they got totally wrapped up in designing their T-shirt and then they really were astonished at the results as they each had a go at printing their own shirt. Each one looked truly fantastic. You don't have to be an artistic whizz to do it - there are plenty of stencils to choose from and Lou was able to print out some specific requests. Those with their own ideas were helped to put them into practice. The children all wear their T-shirts with pride and it's a lovely momento of a great afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

What an amazing way to celebrate your birthday!

My daughters 6th birthday was a huge success, thanks to Lou. The creativity that poured out of all the little girls was great to witness (preferred to over excited screaming girls doing the usual).

Screen printing was simple but challenging enough to get the children excited (Lou helped with any hard bits and was always on hand to steer the girls in the right direction). The end result was 10 beautiful designed, individual t-shirts which the girls took home as their party gift. The t-shirts were given to all the girls in lovely paper bags so their was no need to fuss around putting party bags together which, was a real bonus.

The girls loved every minute (and so did I! Another bonus was Lou added in some spin painting which held the girls attention doing something they have never done before. They also got to take to take home their colourful creations which we loved and will be framing as memory of a fabulous day.

I would recommend this party to anyone who is looking for something fun, different, creative and very cool!

• 3 months later...
Absolutely agree! We recently had our daughter's 10th birthday party at Captured on the Rye for a t-shirt making party with Lou, and it was totally brilliant. The girls each designed their own shirts, assisted hands-on with the actual screen printing, and went home with a very special and individualised party souvenir. A very memorable experience for all.

• 1 month later...
Eos Dance was delighted to discover Lou's talent during its last charity event. His spin painting and candy floss machine were the highlights of the event, all the children LOVED it. He is also very professional and caring to children. I could not recommend him enough, try and you'll see!

Completely agree with the above, Lou is a lovely guy and brilliant artist, clearly loves what he does and gets stuck in with the kids during parties/events... spin painting, t-shirt screen printing and candyfloss - all on every child's wish list surely :)

• 1 month later...
we had my daughter's 8th birthday part at Captured on the Rye - and as other posters have said, it's a brilliant party idea. Lou was great with the children and has more tolerance for 8 hyperactive 5-8 year olds than most people, including myself...I loved the designs the children came up with and it's great for them to be able to take their own creation home at the end of the party.

• 1 month later...
We celebrated my daughter's 10th birthday with Lou on Saturday and it was a real success. 8 kids busy designing their t-shirt, with the help of Lou to find specific shapes on the internet, and Maya helping some of them with the more tricky cutting up. The girls really enjoyed it and were all in awe of the results. My older son, who joined in, made a special design request which Lou was happy to accomodate. We had a lovely, relaxed afternoon of creativity! A really good find. Thank you Lou - I think we'll be back!

We have also recently had a birthday party at Captured on the Rye and it was fantastic. The kids had a wonderful time and Lou was great with them - patient, encouraging and really inspired them to create their own unique designs. The T-shirts turned out better than we could have imagined. Everyone very happy! Thankyou so much for a fab afternoon Lou.

We had yet another fabulous Screen Printing and Spin Painting birthday party at Captured on the Rye last week. This was my son's choice for the best party ever, second year running!

Once again Lou did an amazing job with help from Maya. 12 happy kids left with their own personally designed T-shirt and drawstring bag! highly recommended for a fun indoor kids party.

https://www.facebook.com/CapturedOnTheRye

http://capturedontherye.com/

Just to add to the above, we recently had a -shirt printing party which went down a storm. I would highly recommend this, it was hassle free, smoothly run and really good fun. If I did it again I would probably go with Lou's suggestion of pizza (instead of slightly overcomplicated afternoon tea requested by the birthday girl)....

• 1 month later...

Another glowing review for Lou and his screen painting, t-shirt printing parties. We just threw a party for my 7-yr old daughter and 11 of her friends. Lou and Maya were fantastic with them; very patient and engaging. The girls absolutely loved it and the (pink) candy floss went down a treat! I even received text messages from some of the girls' parents commenting on the beautiful, personalised t-shirts their daughters got to take home with them. Cannot recommend it enough!

Thank you Lou!

• 1 month later...
Lou and his lovely colleague Maya came all the way north to our house in Tufnell Park for my 8-year-old daughter's party. Am so glad they did. They were calm, collected and had a dozen excited kids completely in their thrall. It was fab to watch the whole process and there's a real dramatic 'reveal' with each individual T-shirt. All of which looked fantastic. The kids loved the spin-paintings too. Honestly, I can't think of a more fun and educational party with a unique take-home gifts all rolled into one. Great value too.

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Lou at captured on the rye. We had our daughters 7th birthday party there recently and they had a wonderful time designing and printing their t shirts, spin painting and eating candy floss. Lou ordered in pizzas so all we had to do was bring a cake. Lots of fun for the children and relaxing for the parents too!

• 2 months later...

Adding my recommendation for Lou's screen printing parties at Captured on the Rye. We had our daughters 7th birthday there earlier today, it was great watching the kids faces as their designs were put onto t-shirts. Lou and Maya were great, and it's brilliant from a parents point of view - I just took drinks and some nibbles, and pizzas were ordered in.

The candy floss machine was fired up at the end, which the kids loved.

Really good fun, and the t-shirts are great for the kids to take home with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Another glowing review for t-shirt printing parties at Captured on the Rye. We had 8 x five year olds and 2 x three years olds (siblings) and Lou was fantastic in transforming their drawings into great designs to print on t-shirts. For the really little ones there are pre-cut designs so that everyone comes away with something wearable! The kids were so excited to see their drawings come to life and couldn't wait to ditch the party outfits for their homemade creations.

The two hours was perfect for designing and printing the t-shirts, trying some spin painting and then having a snack and a bit of birthday cake.

Many thanks to Lou.

• 4 weeks later...
We had a party here for 12 x 8 year old boys (plus some older siblings). It was a totally stress-free party experience thanks to Lou's organisation. Each T-shirt produced was a really unique design and we didn't need party bags as there were spin paintings and candy floss to take home. Lou ordered in the pizza and we brought our own cake. I'd definitely recommend these parties as something different to do. The pricing is really reasonable compared to other local party services that don't offer such good value and entertainment, particularly for older children.

• 4 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Lou and the Design a t-shirt party!

My daughter had her 8th birthday at Captured in the Rye with 9 friends. The party ran smoothly and the kids made some fantastic t-shirts to take home. The girls were really interested in the t=shirt designing process, thanks to Maya and Lou's patience and engagement with them. Ordering pizza was a great idea, and the candy floss was a big hit.

• 2 weeks later...