Beckenham mums

Hi

I've just moved to Beckenham from East Dulwich with my other half and our one year old, but don't know any other mums here. I was wondering if there were any other Beckenham mums on the forum who can suggest a friendly toddler group or who'd be up for meeting for a coffee or something.

Loving Beckenham but missing all my ED mates!

NCT in Beckenham have lots going on, check out their page on the NCT website: www.nct.org.uk

They run Happy Mondays Playgroup term-time 10am at Beckenham Methodist Church, Bevington Rd, BR3 5JE

Also Tea groups, postnatal courses, Nearly New Sales, Parties etc etc.

Try: [email protected]

Facebook: BeckenhamNCT

• 3 weeks later...

What do you want to know?

If you are looking to move to Beckenham, and have or are planning to have children, then you'd be best looking at schools, and then looking at roads after you have worked out schools.

The Drive, The Crescent and Church Avenue are not traditionally in the catchment of any 'good' school. Durban road is normally in Balgowan's catchment. Although, they have a bulge class this year so it might be worth making sure you are not at the far end in case the bulge class shrinks the catchment. Having said that, there is also the new Harris free school, which might mean the Balgowan catchment post bulge isn't stupidly small.

If you aren't interested in schools, then it'll depend on what style houses you like, how close you want to be to the train station etc.

• 1 month later...
Hello Beckenham and surrounding area mums! I also moved from East Dulwich to Beckenham a year ago and it's taken me a while to find my feet (still not sure where I've put them). Happy to share nuggets gleaned so far and to meet up. Have 3 yr old boy and 18 month old girl so activity-based is always a winner!

Hello!

I moved from ED to Beckenham one month ago and I have a 1 yo daughter. I'm keen to meet other mums too. So far I've been to the playgroup in Beckenham library and to Beckenham spa.

Julie and Marion: I am French too! It'd be great to meet up!

Marie

Hello ED to Kent ladies, shall we grab the bull by the horns and attempt to meet? Don't know what your family/work commitments are like but how about meeting on Friday 27th June at Kelsey Park in Beckenham - say 10ish? - and whoever can make it turns up. If it's a success we can try something more regular and if not we need never try it again! Let me know if you fancy it....

Hello!

I'd love to join in on the 27th. I moved to Beckenham from Peckham a few months ago and am still schlepping back to ED to see friends. It would be great to make a few more here. I've got a 17 month old.

Let me know if all still goes ahead and I'll see you in Kelsey Park.

Kate