Hunt for a DIY Handyman

Hi there,

Apparently my other half is seemingly always too busy to do ANY D.I.Y around the house whatsoever....it seems FIFA, online forums and Series 1 of 24 is more important. He keeps telling me I am an idiot for getting someone in to do day to day stuff, but I am clueless with DIY and have a 5 month old firstborn clamped to my hip/boob/shoulder all day.

Ha!

It has now been 6 months since we moved in and since I've been asking for some help putting pictures up, drilling some coat hooks up, etc, etc. Nada.

So, I am looking for a good, trusted and fair priced helping hand. Some paintings hang high so I guess a little ladder may be needed? It's general DIY but I reckon it's a good days' work.

Can anyone here recommend a decent person, you know, one who cares about his work and doesn't charge ridiculous amounts?

I could so desperately do with a good handyman's number.....

Thank you, thank you,

Xx

Jan/team from JT Enterprises would be fab for this, they did lots of urgent handyman jobs for following us using them for our house move last year. Since then he's fitted our kitchen, decking and flooring always to a great standard and a thoroughly nice person! Have recommended him before, he's excellent.

His number is

07850 716079

And website:

http://www.jtenterprises.co.uk

Another family roomer (Pebbles) recommended John Small to us, and we've been using him loads over the last few months. I've been very pleased with his work (and I'm quite hard to please!). Very reasonably priced, competent, respectful and pleasant to have around. We started using him for small stuff, but are increasingly using him for bigger jobs.

His number is 07535 487 828

I am reconciled to the fact that my other half is incapable of anything practical!