Special mummy and 3 year old day out

jennyh

Having moved house, moved nursery and had a new brother in a short space of time my 3 year old (just turned 3 in feb) is understandably feeling sensitive and struggling a bit to settle. She is missing some mummy time so I am on the hunt for suggestions of days out we can so together to make her feel special and enjoy our time together. Happy to travel but ideally nothing too far outside London or easy public transport options. I'm considering London zoo as we both want to go but it's so expensive! She is keen on the theatre but I don't know any good shows an we always go to local places like horniman of ceramics cafe so it needs to be a real treat!

Try alabany theatre in deptford, do great children's theatre, very reasonable. You could follow with lunch at the big red bus (they have a pizza special on at the moment. There is also a decent pool for smaller children very near albany theatre if you want to combine some activities,

Or what about something in greenwich? Maritime museum?

I'm doing a mummy day with my 4 year old soon and we're doing his favourite thing - going on the cable cars at Greenwich (which is just one adult Oyster fare per way), then pizza lunch afterwards.

I also like the hopscotch and urban explorer newsletters, and the other one I get is Little Bird which gives discounts off events etc

Thanks everyone. Have booked for us to see dogs don't do ballet at the Canada Water Culture space next weekend. We've been to battersea park zoo a few times but not for a while so maybe will give that another go. Lots of good ideas.

Also a plug for the Olympic park (via the overground to Canada Water, then Jubilee to Stratford). There's a brilliant playground in the northern part of the park with an excellent caf?. The Olympic swimming pool is brilliant. It's cheap and has fantastic learner pools.

Another vote for 'my first ballet'. We saw Cinderella last year and have tickets for Coppelia in May. Can't wait. The performances are by 2nd year students at English National ballet school and are narrated and just the right length for little kids. My 4 year old and her friends were completely mesmerised last year, we're taking younger sister who will be 3 this time.