Camping in France

Hi!

My hubby and I (plus our 5 and 2 year old's) are thinking of heading to the south of France in July to a campsite which has caravans/mobile homes for rent. We are happy to drive south to get some good sun and wondered if any forumites can recommend any sites? After something that has a great pool complex with slides and kiddy pools, close to a safe beach and not too loud during the evening. Thx!

I do the same as Laura. Eurocamp website is great as categorises the sites really well and you can see at a glance how big they are and what facilities. We always book direct as much cheaper and usually better choice and standard of accommodation. Also look at the castels website. They are a chain of fab camp sites. I've seen a couple in the south on there that looked great.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend Les Deux Fontaines in Brittany!

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/sites/france-brittany/bs016-les-deux-fontaines.html

We went last year. It's wonderful if you hire bikes from the campsite - we got a bike trailer for the kids - and cycle around to find your own favourite coves and beaches. Brilliant safe cycling all around. Beach in walking distance from the site is great too though! And the farmer selling cider in walking distance... really lovely little thatched cottage villages around. Beautiful!

The site has pools and kids clubs etc. Has lots of green and the sites are reasonably spaced. We enjoyed escaping the holiday camp feel a bit by going out exploring. The kids loved the pools and clubs on site though so it was a good balance.

Try Le Brasilia near Perpignan, has won many awards, not cheap and gets booked up really, really quickly for July and August. You can get them via Eurocamp, Venue or Thomson al Fresco. Have camped many times in France and this site is exceptional.