Girly Meet Up :)

EmED

Hello!

I'm 32 and moved to ED a year ago. I'm a Graphic Designer and work from home, and my husband works in the city (often long hours). I'd love to meet some women of a similar age with similar interests locally, (as my husband and I don't have kids yet, it can be hard to meet people who live in the area).

Let me know if anyone would fancy meeting for a coffee/wine, or any other suggestions on how to meet people locally would be great! I did try one of the book clubs, which was really nice, but I didn't meet anyone that I had lots in common with or was a similar age.

Thanks so much!

Emily

Hi Emily, I was in the same position as you when I first moved to the area and ended up having only work friends... Now I have children and no work,but it would be nice to join you for a drink and meet some new people. I am 33, and have my own craft business www.mariamadeit.co.uk

Hi Maria

That would be lovely! I have a small creative business too so we will have that in common :) Your jewellery looks lovely, I like the silver woodland leaves.

I'll see if anyone else responds and then send out a PM arranging somewhere for wine/coffee.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Another newbie here

I'm 31, living with my boyfriend and we are moving to ED in a couple of weeks. Would love to meet up with some like minded ladies.

I'm big into singing and I joined the Nunhead community choir last year. It's great fun.

Watching this thread with interest :D

KKjj

Hi All,

I think this sounds like great. Please count me in. Living in Dulwich Borders for a number of years now, but still don't know many people in the area, as is the "London way" so let me know when is good to meet up. I could meet up friday for a natter if others can too. :)

Wow! This is great!

I only just saw all these new posts! Shall we go for Friday then if that could work for a few people? I might just send out a group PM (if you can do that), or message you all individually, with a venue and time on Friday night?

Hi there, I have just found this forum, sounds good. I have been in Dulwich since January, would love to meet new people in this area too.

I can not do Friday this week, but Thursday is fine, if not also next week!!

Please keep me updated! Cheers, May

Hey Guys!

So pleased how many people are keen to meet up! I am so sorry, as this was at my suggestion, but my husband has accepted a job in Paris, so it looks like we are going to be moving away from the area for a couple of years! Bad timing as it would have been great to meet up with you all, but it now looks like we will be leaving later this month!!

Hopefully if I move back to ED you might all still live here and I can meet up with you all! Anyway, I hope you all manage to meet up and get on...have fun ladies!! xoxo