Looking for removals company recommendation

We have managed to find a flat in ED and now need a removals company.?

We would like to use a local company if possible in order to keep costs down.?

Its a pretty straightforward move except we need our furniture dismantled and reassembled at the new flat.?

Has anyone had an excellent experience they'd like to share??

Thanks,?

Delithea

Hi,

when we moved from Brixton to ED nine years ago we used Harradines (SE15) and they were great. Reasonable costs and the two removal men were really helpful, even helping to clear the house we were moving into (it had been rented out and the landlord didn't want the furniture) when the clearance company let us down on the day. They took apart and rebuilt beds and wardrobes - i think this is pretty standard though.

good luck

Jenny

We moved locally last year with a 3 year old and 8 month old and used Smile Moves. They did the whole packing service too and were absolutely brilliant - such nice guys and did a great job. They were also our lowest quote.

OIS removals in Herne Hill helped us move (about 5 years ago). They were good value and very helpful. I was 6m pregnant at the time and althugh we hadn't paid or asked them to pack they arrived with boxes on the assumption that we'd need a hand!

• 4 months later...

Hi, I would recommend Elephant Removals and here are my reasons why, first of all I was quiet happy with the way they approached me, I never moved before and this was something a whole new experience for me.

The gentlemen over the phone were polite, do listen to your needs and give you the best advice.

At first I was worried but when the movers arrived, they knew exactly what to do and I did not need to hover on top of their heads to keep an eye on them.

Very polite, excellent understanding, good management, careful and most importantly friendly.

Highly recommended.

PS moved to ED

We used Bridges for our move in August and they were brilliant. Steve was easy to contact and really helpful. He dropped round boxes, bubble wrap, wrapping paper and tape before the move and on the day he and his team made the whole process smooth and hassle free. They took care to ask where all boxes etc went the other end too.