Goose Green Reception Intake 2014 & Fair 5th July

Good Morning,

Goose Green PTA would like to welcome all new parents and children to the school.

We will be arranging a welcome picnic for Saturday 12th July for all the upcoming reception intake and details will follow. And to get a feel of the school please come to our carnival on Goose Green on 5th July, it is a great event organised by the PTA.

If you would like to be added to our email list or have any questions about the school please PM or email us on

[email protected]

Congratulations and welcome to our school,

Goose Green PTA

And, if you have ever fancied singing in a choir, why not try out the Goose Green Community Choir? We meet at the school on Tuesdays from 6:30pm - 8pm. Orginally, we were just for parents and staff at the school but we have now opened up our membership to any adult in our local community. Currently, we are about 50%/50% parents/staff and local community members. We sing at school events - including the carnival/fair mentioned above and this year, we have sung at other events including just recently at the Southbank Centre as part of their Chorus weekend! Go to our website to find out more: http://www.goosegreenchoir.com If you are a parent about to join our school community, this will be a lovely way to get to know established parents at the school! Our new term starts next Tuesday 22nd April and we will be starting a range of new songs so this is a perfect time to join us.

Also, school has a relatively new website with lots of info and current news. You can find it here: http://www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org/

I doubt that the PTA will know that info at least not whilst the school is closed for Easter.

Do suggest your friends find out where they are on the waiting list and sit tight, there will be movement, there always is.

Welcome to GG it's a super school and you and your little one will love it (mine are in Y2 and Y4 but I remember reception class often and fondly!)

Hi Goose Green PTA

Will you be posting further details of the welcome reception picnic on EDF? We are on your waiting list so might want to gate - crash if theres a chance that we'll get to the top of the list!!

Thanks v much

Chocky

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the process of organising our fantastic school fair on Saturday 5th July on Goose Green Common.

Its is our 11th and always a great event for the whole family and wider community.

If you are interested in a pitch please contact us either by PM or at

[email protected]

Pitches are priced at ?35 with the option of table hire at ?5.

GGPTA

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

With Summer in full swing and the school Fair approaching it won't be long until our children start reception.

We are orgnaising a Picnic & Meet Up on Saturday 12th July starting at 12pm on Goose Green.

Bring the family, a picnic & a blanket and come and meet all the new starters and the PTA members who will be there to help with any questions you have about the school and starting Reception.

We typically have it at the end of the green nearest to the swings between a couple of the trees so there is shade from the sun (and rain if needed).

It is a great way to meet all of the new parents and children and we hope that you can make it,

Please pass this message onto anyone you know is starting and if you are not already and wish to join the PTA mailing list please email us at

[email protected]

See you all soon.

GGPTA

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning,

Hope many of you made it to our school fair yesterday. We were very lucky with the weather with the rain starting 15 minutes before it was due to close.

As you know it is stay and play at school this coming Tuesday and we will be following this with a picnic next Saturday 12th at 12pm on Goose Green. It will be at the end nearest the swings and we will be hoping for lots of sunshine or at the very least no rain.

Come along, bring all the family and a picnic and meet all the other new starters,

See you all then,

GG PTA

Hello,

Great day at the fair last weekend, thank you for organising. I am looking forward to the picnic and meeting some other parents this coming weekend.

I am very sad to see that the stay and play was this week as we missed it. I did add my email to the school and PTA list but dont think i have received anything. Might check the spam folder!