Baby first aid - any recommendations?

Hi,

I'm sure there must be a thread about this somewhere but I don't seem to be able to find one.

I was hoping to do a baby/child first aid course and wondered if anyone had a good recommendation? I was hoping to find someone who can come to the house and train a small group of us.

Would be very grateful for any tips.

Thank you so much

I did first aid training at First Place in Chumleigh Gardens and it was free, so you could ring Elena on 0207 740 8079 to see if there are any upcoming courses. I think it's also taught as part of the Best Start for Babies course which is run at The Grove and other places in Southwark. You could start by ringing 1st Place (see above) and the Grove (020 7701 6629 - ask for Lorraine) as they might know where it's next running.

I did a course with Sarah Kohn who runs this company: http://www.earlybirdfirstaid.com/

It was about ?50pp I think and lasted half a day. As someone who has done several adult first aid courses, I found it very helpful. She only focussed on a few key things (choking, CPR, burns and touched on one or two other things), so it might not suit you if you're looking for something more comprehensive, but I actually found that very useful. When you have a young child, there's only so much information your brain can manage in one go so I liked the fact that I could be confident about a few very important areas rather than know a little bit about lots of things.

At the time, she said she was happy to travel to people's homes to run the course if you could get a group of four or more together. The one I went to was on The Cut, just by Waterloo but she may do other venues. And she is happy for pre-crawling babies to come too.