What is the preferred time/day for a new Pregnancy yoga class in SE15?

Hi there

I am Emma, a yoga teacher and local studio owner, and I just wanted to get some general feedback about when our pregnancy yoga class should run? We don't (at the moment) have any weekday evenings free (but this could change), so do let me know if this is what you would prefer. For now though, we are looking at weekends.

This week, our first week, we are running it at 3.30pm-4.45pm on Saturday (which works with our schedule and our teacher's), but we are not sure if this is a good time????

Would Saturday morning be preferable? And if yes? Would 8.30am be too early? Or is it good to get it out of the way first thing?

Any feedback and preferred times welcomed as I would rather have it on a day/time that suits most people.

Many thanks in advance

Em x

I would find a Saturday a perfect day. 8:30am is too early for me personally; but I'd be up for a 10am start as an ideal!... Also 3:30 would probably be too late, as I work and we're finding that we're out of the house doing things by the afternoon, and I'd think I'd end up missing more at this time.

Please let me know when you do decide, as I really want to start a pregnancy yoga, and know a friend that does too.

Hi Emma - a Saturday morning class would be ideal - I agree with Sherry that from 10am is probably the ideal slot for most people, although I'd be keen for any time from 10am through to 1/2pm. 8.30am is probably too early...

Hi there

The class is at Yogarise Peckham, a new yoga studio in Peckham Rye (in the Bussey Building, just off 133 Rye Lane).

Here is our website if you're interested: http://www.yogarisepeckham.com

We currently have pregnancy yoga with Yazmin Low on our timetable for 3.30-4.45pm, Saturdays

If you'd like any more info, please do ping me an email: [email protected]

Many thanks

Thanks for all your replies!

For now, the class will stay at 3.30pm but I know that this may not be the most convenient time. When we have a timetable re-shuffle, I will be sure to try and reposition it in the morning (10am if I can!)

Yazmin Low (Mez / @YogaWonderUK) is one of the most popular teachers on our timetable (teaching Yin and Yin-Yang), a mum herself and hugely experienced in antenatal yoga.

Here is a little more about the class if you are able to join us:

A slow and flowing sequence integrated with specific ante-natal postures to help you stay grounded, light and energised during pregnancy, while also helping to relieve many common pregnancy ailments. Breath and visualisation exercises will enhance your experience by creating physical, mental and emotional well-being, cultivating courage and wisdom. The class will leave you feeling relaxed, nurtured and empowered having made a new network of supportive friends. Suitable from 12 weeks of pregnancy to birth.

About Yazmin...

During her pregnancy, Yazmin went on to study with some of the pioneers of prenatal yoga and birth, further training as a Doula with the world renowned obstetrician Michel Odent. She leads pregnancy yoga classes and private birth preparation sessions, feeling both passionate and privileged in being able to support and guide new mums and dads through their journey from pregnancy into parenthood.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another vote for Saturday mornings from me, i have a husband who plays cricket which involves being out all day at weekends and that leaves me in charge of the toddler, so I won't be able to make Saturday afternoons but a morning session around 9.30 or 10 would be perfect x