Heber Reception 2014

Heber Primary School would like to welcome those children offered a Reception place for September, and hope that those on the waiting list are successful.

Later this term parents will be invited to school to meet the teachers and go through the starting school process and the school routines. There will also be an opportunity for children to spend an afternoon at school so they can see the classrooms, and meet both the teachers and their new classmates.

The P&F (the Parent and Friends charity that supports the school) will organise a social gathering for the new intake, probably in a local park, and weather permitting!

In September children new to the school will have a home visit from members of the Reception team so the children can see the teachers in a familiar setting and any particular concerns can be discussed. And early in the new term parents will be invited to workshops on phonics, writing and maths so they can understand what is being taught and how, in order to support the children better.

We look forward to meeting the new intake and getting you involved with the Heber community.

• 2 months later...

As announced at the Reception meeting in early July, Heber's new starter picnic will be on Friday 5 September between 1 and 3, in the dog free part - officially the Arboretum - (picnic tables, trees, fence round!) of Peckham Rye Park. This is an informal, volunteer led and also voluntary event so the children can see the faces they will be seeing in school and the parents can have a chat.

We hope you can make it.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget the Heber get together - as stated it is informal, parent led and not in any way part of the official settling in, so don't worry if you can't make it.

Due to family circumstances the organiser of the event may not now be able to be there - but will try her best!

Let's hope it stays dry.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey katc - welcome! My little girl is in year one (1r) and there are loads of friendly mums! Pm me your email address and I'll do you an intro.

I know how you feel - we're actually moving schools soon. Quite a few people left year one over the summer so you're not the only new starter. Hope all goes well on Mon.

• 2 weeks later...