Advice on fitted wardrobes please!

We just bought a house and would need to build fitted wardrobes in our bedroom as well as our daughter's. Have been reading some very good ave very bad things about Sharps!

Could anybody give advice and contact details of companies I could get in touch with?

Thanks!

Hi Julie,

We're in the same position, except only putting wardrobes in the main bedroom.

We have had Spacemakers, Hammonds and Strachan round to measure up and quote.

They all seem to offer a different grade of product and are priced accordingly (in the order I list them)

We haven't looked at Sharps. I understand their product is front and sides fixed to the wall, not a full four-sided wardrobe.

We're still undecided and would welcome any comments or feedback on these or other providers.

We have just had bespoke fitted wardrobes in our loft bedroom, we used local carpenter Greg who was excellent and I think this works out much cheaper (and IMO nicer) than using one of the companies listed above. Greg's number is: 07949 640999. He's very talented, good value and a very nice chap!

I used John Lewis on Oxford Street. I booked an appointment for a sales guy to come to my house. He came with samples and made a lot of useful suggestions. Following our decision to go ahead with using them they sent a surveyor round who measured up. We ended up having three very large fitted wardrobes in the bedrooms and two fitted low cupboards in the sitting room. In the end it cost us ?4.5k including labour which I thought was quite reasonable considering we went for the premium range. A colleague of mine got a quote from Sharps for fitted wardrobes in her bedroom around the same time and they quoted her ?11k!

we used Hammonds 10 years ago. wardrobes still going strong, as are drawers and bedside tables. Has not aged - we went for v classic style. Was one of our better spends.We are not careful or delicate - have stood up well to our household!

I was looking at going to Sharps etc before, but I decided in the end to go with having them made bespoke. Rafal lubecki did them and they are really great. They have all that I wanted in them. Rafal was so quick etc., I was really pleased with how they turned out - there are lots of recommendations for him on here.

I'd definately go with a carpenter rather than pre/custom made from one of the companies already mentioned.

My dad made and fitting cupboards, wardrobes etc throughout the house a couple of years ago, some spaces with shaped tops creating a nice flow to space and the eye. There's more of a personal touch and flexibility to change/add to plans.

We've just gone through this for our house, we ruled out John Lewis as thought they were expensive for what they provide. Saw Rafal's work which we thought was very good. We went with idesign which were only a little more expensive but they came up with a truely unique design that looks fab and makes the room special. Call Nigel Richardson 07973 320 855 for a quote.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

The best my advise is to simply google fitted wardrobes in London for example and chose one of the fitted furniture company on the first page with the pictures you like more. They all have some different experience but make sure to chose the company with most examples in their photo gallery and better pictures to your opinion to work with. If you come across JV carpentry feel free to brows hundreds of our wardrobes and other fitted furniture examples. Thanks

https://www.jvcarpentry.com/fitted-wardrobes/