Forum Sponsors

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos
xxxx
http://avalonkitchens.co.uk/

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: New vacuum cleaner - Sebo, Miele or Dyson? Upright or cylinder?
Posted by Edgar1985 November 16, 08:31AM

I think you should consider cordless vacuum cleaners, they are very comfortable and clean the surface well.
The cordless vacuum cleaners advanced swivel steering with LED headlights. Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture. Read the review, I hope you will be useful. [robotbox.net]

Posted by Sue November 16, 02:16PM

The latest Dyson cordless V10 is very expensive (relative to other cleaners) but has great reviews.

I have been watching YouTube videos of it (sad I know) as I am thinking of biting the bullet and buying one.

There are three versions of it, which seem to differ only in their colour (purple, gold or red) and the accessories they come with - which may be important to you depending on what you want to use the cleaner for, eg there is a dedicated head for hard floors.

The stick part also comes off so you can use it as a hand-held cordless for cars etc, though I guess most of them must do that.

ETA: I'd be a bit wary of clicking on the link in the post above, this person has only just joined the forum and made two posts, both about vacuum cleaners ..... profuse apologies if the two posts are from a genuine poster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was november 16, 02:18pm by Sue.

Posted by jimbo1964 November 16, 05:25PM

We've had a basic Miele for 10 years. Brilliant hoover. Wouldn't touch Dyson crap with a barge pole. Junk.

Posted by Sue November 16, 08:34PM

jimbo1964 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We've had a basic Miele for 10 years. Brilliant
> hoover. Wouldn't touch Dyson crap with a barge
> pole. Junk.

Which and other reviews don't seem to think the Dyson cordless hoovers are junk!

I agree Miele are good -I have had one in the past - but to the best of my knowledge they don't make cordless models.

Posted by vic.ham November 21, 11:38AM

Another thumbs up for Henry. I actually have a Hetty as it is a little smaller and lighter than Henry but still has long flex and works really well.

Posted by Gubodge November 28, 08:36AM

Miele every time for me. Our original Cat and Dog finally died after 16 years of rough treatment (the kids used to tightrope walk along the hose). We’ve replaced it with another just the same.

Posted by Soylent Green November 28, 02:06PM

LauraHW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Henry definitely. Much better than previous Dyson.
> Plus James Dyson is a complete tw*t so wouldn't
> want any more money to go his way!

Love it Laura! I used to like my Dyson, but wouldn't buy one again because of Mr D.'s view on Brexit and the working hours directive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was november 28, 02:08pm by Soylent Green.

Posted by gazmitch December 07, 09:11PM

I think the Dyson is a bit overrated, and the Miele can be a bit on the heavy side.

Posted by marialng December 08, 05:17PM

I have just tried a Hoover Freedom and I would recommend it: if you like the idea of a light, cordless, powerful and very effective with pets hair, is quite amazing, and cheaper than Dyson pets cordless too.

Henry is an excellent traditional choice but not so much on carpets and the newest have some defects, do not move around smoothly as the oldest ones, stop working after only 20 minutes for overheating... it makes work harder honestly...

Posted by Rosetta December 09, 04:33PM

Has anyone got a Shark?

Posted by petrapetra December 10, 04:27PM

Don't get a Dyson. We had a couple and they were both rubbish. We now have a Miele, which is great.
And apart from Dysons being useless, Mr Dyson is a strong supporter of Brexit. For me one more reason never to buy another one.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum