Nurseries in ED that do half days

We are expecting baby nr 2 in late January and are looking for a nursery that our son (will then be 19 months)could attend a 2-3 half days a week (I was thinking 9-1) when the baby has arrived.

I've just spoken to Mother Goose but they don't offer half days - is this common practice or are there nurseries in ED which offer half day service?

Buds do exactly those hours, and might have space esp if you're not bothered w hich days. My favourite nursery stipulate a minimum of 4 sessions, so if you're only looking for a couple of mornings it may not suit you. There's also Magic Moments up in the Lordship Lane estate - but they are shorter mornings - comes highly recommended on here and is quite reasonably priced I believe.

Magic Moments is great - my little one started at 18 months. They're shut for half term this week, but I'm fairly sure they have spaces. The ladies are lovely and they're flexible on days, which is handy when you have a new baby in tow!

It's 9.45 - 12.15 for a tenner.

• 1 month later...

Hi Astrid,

Both my boys went to Amott Road PreSchool, and although our start times are 9.15 - 12.15 (so a bit late for the before work drop off), we know of children who are dropped off at a minders and come together. Prices are so reasonable - works out at ?8 per 3 hour session. The team are fab, it was rated good by Ofsted again last ye they are really flexible on days and both my boys have made amazing progress at the preschool. I know they have spaces, so please PM me if you want more information.

Thanks