Which Buggy?

Am in in the early stages of pregnancy with number 3 and whereas a few years ago I was up on buggies / car seats and knew exactly what was good / not so good now I am totally in the dark!

I had a cameleon for baby 1 which I loved as did she - slept every time she got in it!! Number two meant a P&T 's which I found a poor second but the best of a bad bunch available at the time for double buggies. Now, I am in the market again but what to go for......... any suggestions / tips?

I use the car far more now with the various drop offs / pick ups so a cameleon not practical (unless it no longer fills a boot and is a pain to fold), space not an issue any longer although my youngest is no longer in a buggy so I wont be needing a double (phew)and this will definitely be the last.

I think something that a car seat clips on will be important as the school run involves driving. Other than that I am open to suggestions.......

I am erring to a Bee plus, any mums had this and a cameleon? Do babies sleep as well in Bees as Cameleons?

Thank you

T x

Yes, my situation was the same. Chameleon for first, loved it. P&T (Vibe from memory) when I had my second. I didn't love it, but it did the job. I opted for a Bee plus third time round and I love it. With the cocoon it was a lovely snuggly space for a newborn, especially a winter born baby (January). By the time she was too big for the cocoon she was in a strong routine which meant most napping was done at home over lunchtime, so she didn't really need to sleep in it much.

We still use it now, she's 2.5, and have plenty of room. She had a little nap in it last week when we were out for the day.

It's brilliant for folding quickly and sticking in the boot. I remember with my chameleon that was a real pain, and resulted in us buying a separate buggy for the car!

Thanks Pickle, that's really useful. Mine will be a January baby too!

I was erring to the Bee but that was based purely on my knowledge a few years back! Are they as nice to push / steer as the chameleon?

We have the same buggy history as well as age gaps!! I had a Vibe as a double and bought a Maclaren for the car boot when I had a chameleon as it was a total pain to fold! I seem to remember there being a knack to folding the Chameleon too!

It's a different pushing experience than the chameleon :)

Less bouncy, as the tyres aren't air filled (although maybe the newer Bees now are? Not sure). Not as bumpy as a Maclaren though. To push it's brilliant, light and very maneuverable. Easily pushed with one hand, leaving the all important coffee/chocolate bar hand free. Also worked fine for me once I started jogging again. Very easy to fit in buses, if you use them - will fit in the buggy space down the end where other buggies don't (where the annoyingly placed pole is).

Cons - shopping basket tricky to access when in parent facing mode. Fine once the seat is round the other way though.

It will see us right through until the day we don't need a buggy anymore, so money well spent!

The Bee is great for pavements and really easy to manoeuvre but I hate how rickety it feels on uneven surfaces. The Sexby Gardens in Peckham Rye Park, for example, are awful with a Bee. If money were no object, a Bee for street use and maybe a Micralite Superlite for bumpier terrain.

I don't want to highjack this thread but didn't want to start one very similar either! I've just had baby number 3 and my other two are 3 1/2 and 17 months. I too used a Phil & Ted's with baby number 2's arrival but past 6 months reverted back to my single Micralite. Now number 3 is here I don't know what to do buggy wise. I need a sturdy single that doesn't tip up and I think a side by side double. I need good storage and option to put a buggyboard on. What have others found best?

thanks

hi

I had a phil and teds explorer with double kit (baby cocoon as well) for when i needed baby and toddler in pushchair and i used a Baby Jogger single with maxi cosi cabriolet baby seat for when i needed just baby in a pushchair and now use that as single pushchair as its amazingly easy to fold with large shopping net underneath, only downside is its width doesn't fold but it will stand on its side in my boot when its folded if i need extra space otherwise i put it in flat and pile shopping on it when i don't need it..

I have a cameleon which I love, very sturdy, baby sits v well in it so does older one, baby comfortable in bassinet bit as well as seat but annoying not to be able to sit toddler in the bassinet and sling baby when toddler was tired. Bee plus flexible between toddler and baby, don't like the support for baby on sitting, great fold though into boot of car and good with car seat adapters for quick in/out of nursery drop offs. Buggy board works well on both

Baby didn't sleep that well in bee but to be honest doesn't sleep well anywhere other than a cot these days...

Three kids and a massive variety of buggies later and I'm all about the Bee. I love it - it was cheap second hand from Ebay and I've hammered mine for three years and it is still going strong. Its done endless back of car/pushing up hills and going to school and back through the woods trips. Its all about the easiness to fold, chuck in the car and the manouverability with one hand for me (other hand always holding another child etc). Its saved me having to swap from a big buggy to a Maclaren at a later stage. I almost always used the car seat clipped on (with rain cover) when he was a baby although did use the cocoon for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a nice mountain buggy duet that I am thinking about selling - i found it perfect as can get around a lot easier than you imagine in a double - it also has a carrycot attachment - let me know i you want to look at it!