Architect/Builder Recommendations for Extension?

Hello, we are looking to have a home extension done and are hoping to get some recommendations from people in the area who have had similar projects done. We are deciding between having a side return kitchen extension or an addition to the end of the property.From what we have seen side returns are quite a lot more expensive so that may be out of our budget.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks!

K

Hi Kate,

I think I might be able to help. I work for myself (based in Peckham) and oversee the drwgs, planning, structural

engineering and building control for developments like yours. Basically I provide all the architectural services you'll need to see your build through. Funnily enough Tony Pescana (recommended builder above) is quoting on a job for me in Bellenden Rd. I do a lot of side and rear extensions these days so feel free to get in touch if you want any advice. I'll also be able to give you a good steer on costs. Please do get in touch and in the meantime feel free to have a look at my website. All the best, Mikail (www.fixateddesign.co.uk)

I highly recommend Majek Kocon who runs Magic Projects (www.magicprojects.co.uk). He did an excellent job for us - kitchen extension. Very professional, on budget and on time. He's also very calm - never flustered - a very good trait when it comes to major house renovations!

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am in the middle of a large kitchen/living area extension and carried out extensive research on architects and builders. There is a hidden gem who I have engaged to do the design and the build of my extension. I could not be more pleased with their services.

Every single day the builders turn up at 8am and work through (without leaving the site) until 5pm.

As for the plans themselves, they are better than I could have ever expected.

Call Paul on 07746 116041, [email protected]

The company is called Sigma Builders and can be found on ( www.sigma-builders.co.uk )

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kate

Really encouraged by your recommendation and have just got in touch with them, we'll see what they come back with. My job is possibly bigger - loft conversion, two extensions, landscape garden - pretty much a complete house renovation - would you recommend them for this size job too?

Thank you - appreciate it.