When do you get your maternity notes?

Hello,

I'm pregnant with baby number 3 but it's the first pregnancy in the area (as we moved here a couple of years ago). I had my booking in appointment yesterday (11 weeks) with a lovely midwife attached to King's. I think that with babies 1 and 2, I got my maternity notes at the booking in appointment (to bring them with me to every subsequent appointment and scan - and to the hospital in labour). Does anybody know when pregnant women get their notes in the King's system?

Thanks!

Thanks Gina. Damzel - it's just that A4ish booklet that records your blood pressure, measurements etc. at each appointment. There's also space to write a birth plan in it (not that I ever did). You definitely need to bring it to the hospital when you have your baby. I'll call the surgery to see if they know or speak to the midwife when she's next in.

It's at booking. Go back to your Midwife & ask for them.

damsel it's to too late if you want to get them now. I recently got my old ones to read through & my eldest is 18. You will have had yours & carried them through your pregnancy, then once you are discharged by the Midwife (usually around 2-4 weeks post birth) she takes them back & Kings stores them. I just contacted PALS at Kings & they told me how to get my notes.

Thanks all - apparently it was because I had my booking in appointment outside the hospital, at a GP surgery. She has to take her notes back to King's, get the notes and then give them to me... She's not working again until next week so presumably I'll get them before my scan on Thursday. Will call to check when she is back in.