Pencils and Crayons for Nurseries in Tanzania + jewellery

Hello,

In the summer, I am going on an expedition to Tanzania and we will be helping to complete the construction of a preschool. Currently, the village has very little in the way of writing and drawing equipment. Both the younger and older children would get a lot of joy from simple equipment. However, we cannot take ink or felt tip pens, as they tend to dry up or leak in the heat.

Please do have a look around for anything that may no longer be used. Everyone has that box of ancient disused pencils at the back of a cupboard!

I am very happy to collect and sharpen them, so do let me know if you have anything at all!

Many Thanks,

Emily

Hi srisky,

That is very generous of you!

I think we are mainly looking to take pencils and crayons, but I'm sure sharpeners and erasers would also be useful!

I am happy to pick up any donations from around Dulwich and the surrounding area. Just PM me your address and when would be convenient for you.

Many thanks,

Emily

Mariamadeit- Thank you very much for offering! Its really good to know this kind of thing is appreciated in similar countries. We are leaving on the 19th July, so I'm really happy to pick them up any time before then. Please PM me a convenient time.

Thanks,

Emily

Thank you very much for all your donations! I now have more than enough pencils. I am happy to collect any that have already been offered, however we may not be able to take them all. I am currently looking for another good cause which might be able to make use of them. On the other hand, we are also looking to take some costume jewellery, so if anybody has any old bits around, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Emily

Emily I haven't yet bought crayons but could help with the jewellery, I make it myself but recently have been trying to streamline what I make so have a bunch of stuff that I will not be selling on my stall, earrings, necklaces etc, if that is any good, I would be happy to donate it to you.