White noise machine

They work for me, not so much to get baby to sleep, but to keep him asleep as it covers other noises like squeaky floorboards etc. we use an ioniser from amazon. It cancels dust and particles in the air and purifies the air. I have hayfever so this helps, by the by it makes white noise if you turn it on high.

We have the First Years Sounds of Silence machine which is great. Apps are good for when you're traveling, but you can't take your phone away from baby! I like it for the same reason as yeknom. Btw, I just looked on Amazon and the machine is ?40 and I'm sure we bought it for half that!

We've got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006Z9V1LM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0027Y6XH6&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0NFEC3VM41SAG1WV0MTX

It really worked for us?I had a baby who wouldn't nap for longer than 20 minutes during the day and woke constantly at night and by the time he was about 14 months it was really testing my sanity and my health?a friend suggested borrowing her noise machine because we had really noisy neighbours and I was worried that might be part of the problem. I borrowed it from her, and that day he slept for 2 hours straight. I thought it was a miracle. My son is now nearly 3 and he still wants the "machine" on at nap and bedtimes, so i may have created a little person who now can't sleep without white noise, hmm, but I have to say that it really did work for us.

We did have various apps etc on phones and they worked to marginal degrees. This noise machine makes the sound of being inside an aeroplane and it is quite pricey but I've used it every day for 2 years and we take it away with us too when we stay elsewhere so it's more than paid for itself in use.

x