Tooth Fairy.... going rate????

For teeth that fall out quicker than expected and catch her unawares (or with nothing smaller than ?5), the tooth fairy has been known to raid children's money boxes and recycle a coin given previously. While she feels a slight amount of guilt for adopting this slightly unsavoury approach, she has also saved a considerable amount of money by doing so...

(Might not get away with it now that son is using his tooth fairy money to buy World Cup stickers for his album)

My daughter asked for 5p for her first tooth that fell out as she is 5 years old. She then demanded 6p for the 2nd to fall out, even though she is still 5. No more have fallen out since but I presume 7p is next! I'm not keen to give her any coins. She just loses them or is she doesn't lose them, then she's too much of a tightwad to part with any of her own pennies for low value treats (penny sweets etc)

Two of mine had teeth fall out whilst on hols in Spain and deftly worked out it was better to wait until they came home to get a pound coin rather than a Euro coin.

With her last tooth, my eldest who is 12, said to me before going to bed you may as well just give me the pound now to save creeping into my room later.