Children not sleeping at nursery

Hello

I am pretty sure this is fairly standard but we have just settled our 22 month old into nursery. She will be going two days a week. So far she has settled in really well and seems really happy. Hardly any tears and lots of good reports. She isn't however sleeping at lunch. The rest of the toddlers in her room do still.

At home we get around 90 mins most days. She takes a while to settle but we pretty much get a good sleep every day. She goes down at 1pm at home although I am bringing this earlier to fit in with the 12.30 nursery nap. I am hoping that it is just taking a while for her to get used to her new sleeping surroundings. I wouldn't mind her not sleeping but I get a couple of terrible hrs once we get home. Baby number two is also due next month so I could really do without a totally wired, overtired toddler!

Hoping people can tell me that this is normal and she will nap there soon!

My son started at nursery in mid Feb three days a week. At the start I was lucky if he slept for 5-20 minutes after lunch. Sometimes he just 'rested'!

Now, he'll sleep between 40-60 minutes there. Not enough but it gets him through and he makes up for it by sleeping longer during the day on the four days a week I have him.

Don't worry!

My daughter was similar to ACBP. When she first started nursery at ~2.5 yo (also 3 days/wk), she didn't nap for the first couple of weeks -- she was having too much fun!

After that she started to have regular post-lunch naps about 40-75 min. Sometimes she napped a little longer at home on her non-nursery days.

Just let your nursery know to keep encouraging naps, and talk to your LO about how/where she can nap at nursery, bring a teddy or blanket from home just for nap time. Good luck. xx