parents house swapping with kids?

Hi there, has anyone heard of this, or better still done it themselves? I'm writing a feature about older parents who are house swapping with their kids who have growing families but can't afford a bigger property... the parents have all family off their hands so are happy to downsize, so the two generations swap houses. Has anyone done this? thanks

ha! yes, drop me a line and i'll persuade your parents that everyone is doing it! But apparently, due to the recession, it is becoming a thing now, so would love to speak to anyone who has attempted it - either temporarily or permanently.

Not something I have come across in London, but my brother and his family (in Finland) are in the process of swapping with his MIL for similar reasons.

His FIL passed away a couple of years ago and his MIL feels the house has become too big for her. She would prefer a smaller (cosier) city apartment so has asked them for a swap. It means they can move to the countryside (near a beach and lots of parks) with their son and she can get closer to the city - to her workplace and friends.

Happy to get you connected if it'll be of any help.