Games/tips to encourage listening to others

Have you got any ideas on how I can practise waiting for turns to speak and listening to others' contributions with my son? He's coming to the end of year 1 and is a bit prone to calling out basically because he's so desperate to share what's in his head. He's already good at taking turns with board games etc so wondering if there's anything we can do specifically relating to speaking and listening? Thanks in advance!

My kids loved an Alphabet game - do not know what it is called but goes like this

I love my love with an A because she/he is (Adorable) her/his name is (Ann/Andrew) and she/he lives in (Andover)

I took her/him to dine at the sign of (the Adopted Artichoke) and we had (Anchovies) and (Apples) to eat And Arsenic to drink.

The next person can either remember the A routine and add their B details or just do everything with B

Kids can make up the most daft details and also very good for vocabulary. Kim's game is also good

It's an old-ish game which my husband's mother and aunt used to play with him as a small child ( he is now 62)

Both of our girls grew up with it - we used to play it whilst out walking from Dulwich Library - St. Faith's Road when we visited his parents. Both girls had an vast vocabulary and good imaginations, we had to teach it to a couple of their school teachers to use in class.

We used to do a similar game called The Parson's Cat, which went along the lines of:

The parson's cat is an Amazing cat; next person - the parson's cat is an Abominable cat; etc until you can't think of another adjective beginning with A. Then you move on to B...