Running Buggy Comparison request: Britax BOB v Phil n Ted's

Hi,

I am expecting my first baby in the next couple of months and am busy looking at running buggies as my husband is a keen runner.

So far we have tried the Britax Revolution SE which both my husband and I liked but find quite big when folded down (we actually wanted to try the Revolution Pro but we can't find one in store anywhere)

We want to try Phil n Teds equivalent (think it is the Navigator 2?) as they get good reviews and look smaller.

While I know I should go with what feels best I just wondered what people's thoughts were and suggestions of things to look out for as I am new to parenting!

Many thanks in advance!

Is the Phil & Teds actually a running buggy? I'm pretty sure mine came with a warning against using it for running.

Most jogging buggies are enormous. There's a make called Chariot that are supposed to be really good and also double up as a bike trailer. There's also a second hand joggin buggy for sale in the classified section that you could look at.

Hi - I think you need to be careful with running buggies - phil and teds (and I think the bob you mention) aren't actually officially running buggies - I know p&t have a disclaimer on there prams (apart from one specific running pram) to say they are not made for running with. If your husband wants to properly run with your baby you need a specific fixed front wheel pram like the bob ironman, or babyjogger fit - I think!

Obviously people DO run with other prams - I ran with a mountain buggy urban and it was fine- but I didn't go far or v fast. You need to make sure the front wheel is locked, as they can wobble and get trapped. I think quite often if you are a serious runner you would have an additional running pram, as all the things that make them great for running with are not great for around town (small fol, maneuverability etc.) You can often get them quite cheap on ebay I think....

The reason we were looking at the BOB revolution pro is because it is suitable for running but the front wheel can also be unlocked so it swivels which gives it more manoverability in urban situations so we get the best of both worlds.

The pro also has an adjustable height handle bar so accounts for the height difference between me and my husband.

My husband tried out a phil n teds when he attended a park run (one of the other dad's had one) and he liked it but he can't remember what model it was - I had assumed it was the navigator as the front wheel can be fixed but maybe I need to do some more research.

The nappy lady is selling a proper running buggy at the moment. Would you consider a separate buggy for running vs everyday use?

I wouldn't run with my p&t as it doesn't have the suspension, I think it's a bumpier rude than some brand (I used to run with my bugaboo bee though so I'm probably not qualified to comment)

The out and about nipper does a running buggy which looks really good.

Convex Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The nappy lady is selling a proper running buggy

> at the moment. Would you consider a separate buggy

> for running vs everyday use?

>

Unfortunately we don't have enough room for two buggies.

I have been in touch with TheNappyLady and she sent me pictures but it is a fixed wheel buggy. We were hoping we can use one of the buggies that has the functionality to have the front wheel fixed (for running) or swivel (for when you need manoverability).... maybe we are expecting too much but can ask when we head to Peppermint who stock both Phil n Teds and OutnAbout.

Hi Amanda. The only issue with trying to get two pushchairs to do one job is the fogginess that descends when you are tired with a baby-I would worry that I would forget to lock the wheel for running and then could potentially have a problem. I imagine this is why those prams that do have lockable front wheels have their disclaimer. Everyone is different though so you might be ok not to do this. I'm super organised normally but there are lots of things to think about all the time when lo takes centre stage! Good luck with your search..